STT:grattan June 4

rusty

Rusty, sorry you weren't able to make it. Turned out to be a great day! But were some of your friends there or possibly some riders you knew? Just curious we had some people pit next to us and a few times I thought I actually saw you with them until I got up close :)

Anyways, just a little write up from me on Grattan and the improvements that have been made. This is coming not from someone who is sweet running A all the time, and rocking out, but just for someone who is thinking about the track for the first time etc.

I ran Int. for the first time and thank God I did. I was a little nervous at first but it definitely paid off, I was about top 1/3 or better and pretty much only was getting passed by the same people once a session, and definitely doing some solid passing of my own, but again, not like the A group, I got up close to see some of them in the esse's and I would crap.

Facilities; Better than Nelson, but damn, can anyone spend some money and actually have enough shitters and bathrooms that don't clog and smell like a wet dogs ass? Literally after the riders meeting I wanted to go supa fast so I went in to drop one, and I had the only working stall(score for me) but the smell in there was awful. I didn't shower, but actually I think Nelsons were nicer, and Grattan is a community shower, so drop the soap. They do not let cars enter and exit all day, which I loved, no debris on the track etc. GREAT IDEA.

Track: WOW, only track I think has a surface like that is Mid O and it was sooo smooth. But in the first 2 sessions a tad TOO smooth. Heading into turn one after that hella long straight and into the bus stop(10), both had some squirley moments and in the bus stop had a little nose dive but drove out of it. That was only in the fist session, and a few squirely moments in the second. And yes I know how to rev match, and clutchless up shifting etc. After that though, WOW the track was AMAZING. I don't run a track timer, and by the way, there is a huge issue up there with that, it is ALL the way on the RIGHT inside straight wall, and won't trigger a lot of times. The race line(although in a straight) is not over there unless passing or triggering your timer. Other than that the track is like a mini Mid O, but more technical in my eyes because of how close/tight the turns are to each other. I will say it did not seem to have nearly as many turn in points, there were some scattered cones, but by lunch they had been blown over or something. Turns 11/12 were crazy coming up the hill totally blind, and the cone being down. But no off track excursions here.

Kid I was running with said we ran a 1.421 in the AM sessions, we traded spots and ended in the same spot as we started in retrospect to each other. In the PM sessions I wish I had a lap timer, I know I was faster, but whatever.

STT run track day;

I ran STT twice at Mid O for my first track days when they were there, love how they run the N group, but after running Moto Series with N too, honestly they are pretty much the same accross the board. We did however have 0 yellow flags, 0 red flags, and track was green the whole time. I did see 1 ground hog coming into turn 9, but I revved and he ran back to his hole, or hell I dunno, but was gone. Luckily it was in the sighting lap after lunch.

Others;

We got stuck in construction on 96 next to a freaking land fill for 30 minutes, that stunk, literally. Other than that, driving was fine.

STT's Michelin Rep was on site and ran some sick deals on Pure's so I grabbed the 3rd to last set at the end of the day and got a nice little hook up. 242 mounted and balanced, done and done.

Great day, great times, so glad I went. I plan to hit Grattan somehow, sometime, at least on more time this summer.

Can't wait for pics too, they had some sick pics just in the AM sessions that I saw at lunch, can't wait to see the PM photos.

grattan is my absolute favorite track overall, although a dry mid ohio is hard to beat.

i tried to describe just how glorious and smooth grattan is now, but the esses are almost beyond words.

the bathrooms, hopefully, are next lol

glad you had fun there!

grattan is my absolute favorite track overall, although a dry mid ohio is hard to beat.

i tried to describe just how glorious and smooth grattan is now, but the esses are almost beyond words.

the bathrooms, hopefully, are next lol

glad you had fun there!

Paddock area is what gets renovated next season, so hopefully the restroom and garage expansion will be involved with that.

Rusty, sorry you weren't able to make it. Turned out to be a great day! But were some of your friends there or possibly some riders you knew? Just curious we had some people pit next to us and a few times I thought I actually saw you with them until I got up close :)

Anyways, just a little write up from me on Grattan and the improvements that have been made. This is coming not from someone who is sweet running A all the time, and rocking out, but just for someone who is thinking about the track for the first time etc.

I ran Int. for the first time and thank God I did. I was a little nervous at first but it definitely paid off, I was about top 1/3 or better and pretty much only was getting passed by the same people once a session, and definitely doing some solid passing of my own, but again, not like the A group, I got up close to see some of them in the esse's and I would crap.

Facilities; Better than Nelson, but damn, can anyone spend some money and actually have enough shitters and bathrooms that don't clog and smell like a wet dogs ass? Literally after the riders meeting I wanted to go supa fast so I went in to drop one, and I had the only working stall(score for me) but the smell in there was awful. I didn't shower, but actually I think Nelsons were nicer, and Grattan is a community shower, so drop the soap. They do not let cars enter and exit all day, which I loved, no debris on the track etc. GREAT IDEA.

Track: WOW, only track I think has a surface like that is Mid O and it was sooo smooth. But in the first 2 sessions a tad TOO smooth. Heading into turn one after that hella long straight and into the bus stop(10), both had some squirley moments and in the bus stop had a little nose dive but drove out of it. That was only in the fist session, and a few squirely moments in the second. And yes I know how to rev match, and clutchless up shifting etc. After that though, WOW the track was AMAZING. I don't run a track timer, and by the way, there is a huge issue up there with that, it is ALL the way on the RIGHT inside straight wall, and won't trigger a lot of times. The race line(although in a straight) is not over there unless passing or triggering your timer. Other than that the track is like a mini Mid O, but more technical in my eyes because of how close/tight the turns are to each other. I will say it did not seem to have nearly as many turn in points, there were some scattered cones, but by lunch they had been blown over or something. Turns 11/12 were crazy coming up the hill totally blind, and the cone being down. But no off track excursions here.

Kid I was running with said we ran a 1.421 in the AM sessions, we traded spots and ended in the same spot as we started in retrospect to each other. In the PM sessions I wish I had a lap timer, I know I was faster, but whatever.

STT run track day;

I ran STT twice at Mid O for my first track days when they were there, love how they run the N group, but after running Moto Series with N too, honestly they are pretty much the same accross the board. We did however have 0 yellow flags, 0 red flags, and track was green the whole time. I did see 1 ground hog coming into turn 9, but I revved and he ran back to his hole, or hell I dunno, but was gone. Luckily it was in the sighting lap after lunch.

Others;

We got stuck in construction on 96 next to a freaking land fill for 30 minutes, that stunk, literally. Other than that, driving was fine.

STT's Michelin Rep was on site and ran some sick deals on Pure's so I grabbed the 3rd to last set at the end of the day and got a nice little hook up. 242 mounted and balanced, done and done.

Great day, great times, so glad I went. I plan to hit Grattan somehow, sometime, at least on more time this summer.

Can't wait for pics too, they had some sick pics just in the AM sessions that I saw at lunch, can't wait to see the PM photos.

All that write up and not one shout out! :cry:

LOL was trying not to rub it in all the good times we had dude;

1) we got stuck on 96 in construction next to a freaking landfill, not kididng, it was so awful, and hot and humid. I thought Andy crapped his pants, but no, it was the trash dump.... or was it?

2) Andys bro Eric that let us crash at his place was hilarious, although we only hung out with him for like an hour, dude was legit and really a big props to him for letting me crash there. Sorry I wrecked your bathroom before I left.

3) The top pits/paddock were dope because we had 5 deep and Andys friend Matt brought his bro from hockey years, and he was funny, kicking it in the reclining lawn chair and just being the head engineer on all of us.

4) The tastey freeze/slurpee was so money on the way home, but that was AFTER we BOTH crushed a 2 for 20 at Applebees. Probably the best meal I've had in a long time. Appetizers, 2 meals, and a ton of water lol.

Andy dips his cheese sticks in ketchup, I thought he was sick until I tried it. I liked it and will follow in his footsteps.

Some more cool track notes, Andy improved his times like woah every session his lap timer worked and that was awesome, I feel I had some good and some bad laps, and didn't run a timer anyways, but definitely loved getting the knee down and that track just glides on the puck.

The dude next to us, had a 2500 Cummis RENTAL truck with a Uhaul and that thing was dope, and man he literally MELTED his Astar slider, it was awesome! Wish I hda a pic actually.

I love Andy in a totally straight way.