aviation, general aviation to the "big boys"

VanDy

So i have seen a few posts on here regarding aviation of some sort, and just wondering how many people are into flying and motorcycles? My Grandpa is a HUGE influence in my life, I have been riding around the country with him in airplanes since I was potty trained, and he has also always had motorcycles around!

My current rides are

2 Wheeled: 1999 Ducati 750SS, 1978 Suzuki GS550

winged: Pietenpol (being rebuilt) and a Taylorcraft that is all but ready to go!

blue skies and safe riding!

reminds me of something a friend told me. "Piloting an airplane isnt flying, is driving a boat considered swimming?" lol just one of those comments that sticks with you!

Private pilot with instrument rating, working on commercial right now. My ultimate goal is to be able to make a living flying. I wouldnt do well at a desk job. Dad flew hewies for the air force, jumped to c5's and flew in the first desert storm back the in the early 90's, now he is a 767 pilot for American. Grand father is retired air force as well but I would need a year to list off every thing he has flown.

Been around aircraft almost all my life but have only done a little flying myself. Mostly I build and fly R/C stuff. I've met many great pilots ranging from WWI and II vets giving talks at the Air Force Museum when I was growing up, to airshow pilots at the Dayton airshows and Oshkosh, to recently the F-22 demo pilots. Most are great people and like motorcyclists, they understand the risks vs enjoyment of what they do. Someday I will go back and get my private license.

I had a friend in Northern Kentucky with a blue and white starburst clipped wing T-Craft. He used to keep it at the Hamilton Airport. Not sure if he still has it or not. Been a long time since we have talked.

I flew as a flight test engineer at Edwards AFB, CA with the test pilot school. I had the honor of flying with some of the best test pilots out there on F16s, T38s and various other aircraft.

With no real flight training and fresh out of college with Aero Engr degrees I was pretty happy. Currently active duty with the Air Force.

I picked up a couple free sporty's free flight review DVD's. they are about 100 min in length if any one wants one.

**edit just looked at the sporty's catalog and the dvd's run about $32 so if you want one I will gladly send it to you so long as it is no money out of my pocket ie you meet me at a meet and great or send me the cost of shipping.

Edited by gen3flygirl