1000+ Mile Club

Fonzie

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been on a few trips over the years....best advice is to have some good rain gear and warm clothes especially if ya hit the mountains..riding in rain is not soo bad but if you are cold:(:eek: it will make ya think why you are on a bike................don't get in a hurry,enjoy the ride,stop and see things along the way..oh yeah take pictures:Dnot just of your bike but what is around you..enjoy your ride..trust me you will get a smile on your face for years to come if you like the road......an old pic near Frisco but..:)

DSC_0129.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in 1995 or 1996 i had to come home on leave for a funeral , Yuma Arizona to Cleveland . total was 2315 or 2415 . riding 94 Gixxer 750. Being in desert for a few years i left with no warm jacket , was November. ALWAYS take a warm jacket, Tool Kit , flashlight , and M.R.E 's . was non stop , had no choice , funeral was in two days when i found out about death . did it in 26.5 hours WITHOUT a ticket. got pulled over twice , but no tickets. hit snow in indy , rode with feet down just about to columbus area , where i met my cousin to pick it up ... so only rode about 2300 on the bike.

KRZ...not a good ride at the time and definatly not a good reason but if all went well on a ride you wouldn't have anything to talk about:)

I froze my butt off riding to Frisco from Cincinnati so I took the southern route back home thru AZ TX etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

just got back a couple days ago. rode 2up on a 1479mi., 5 day, Columbus OH - blue ridge parkway loop. took I75 down. stayed in Robbinsville NC. rode the area attractions, tail of the dragon, etc.. then, rode from robbinsville to BRP by way of Cherokee. rode BRP m.469, to fancy gap m.199. finally, I 77 back home. the BRP is open and, in good to excellent condition. no detours, some road construction. much BRP recently resurfaced in EC..