another tire question... avon storm 2 ultra, who's tried em?

magley64

My boss @ work is a die hard cooper guy, claims they are using better grades of carbon black than the competition and in turn getting better performance from their tires, since avon is a cooper brand, I thought about giving them a shot.

the storm 2 seems like a comparable tire to the angel ST's i'm currently running, but i am hesitant to change from a tire that I like so much.

anyone here with heavy bikes use them? busa's 14's connies, bkings, liters, etc...

Avon was an acquisition by Cooper in 1997. Avon still remains a competition tire manufacturer.

So Avon is still doing their own thing. A very popular motorcycle tire in Britain.

But I don't think there is much of a comparison between Cooper and Avon.

Avon is a tire I'd be interested in trying out though.

Avon Storm 2 Ultra Radial Front Tire

Sport/Sport Touring Radial

Grip, mileage and wet weather performance

Tri-compound Extrusion Technology - medium compound center tread with soft compound shoulders and a base that improves the bond between the tire compounds and tire carcass

Lifetime Profile Engineering for consistent handling and stability for the life of the tire

Super Rich Silica compound for fast warm-up and superior grip

Enhanced Aqua Flow tread pattern for optimal water dispersal

Inverted Front Grooves resist uneven wear and improves braking stability

V-rated for speeds up to 130 mph (130/70R-17)

W-rated for speeds 168+ mph

They sound interesting though. More expensive than the roadsmarts though so if I ever try them they better last longer for the price. :lol:

I got about 24k on my Avon Storm on the front of my ST1100. The Storm on the back as gotten between 10.5k and 14k. I expect the Ultra 2 to get me close to 15k. The Storms are great all weather tires. I am able to drag pegs in the rain with confidence. Also good in snow - although I don't recommend it.

Tim I think if anyone gets 10,000 miles from any rear tire they ride that bike like it's a 250 and barely see above 6k rpms.

IDK I got a little over 9k out of my diablo stradas with a lot 1/4 mile passes

However I don't hit the curves as hard as a lot of you do

Edited by conn-e-rot