R.I.P Doug

ZIXXER9R

I really sorry to hear about your loss. Ride in Peace fellow brother.

From personal experience, losing a brother on wheels is a life changing event. Time and support from family and friends is the tonic.

My prayers and best wishes goes out to you and his family!

Just saw this in the news. It's possible all riders might be charged as responsible for the one fatal. Still unknown how many riders there were. They were too fast for people to count. Estimated 6 to 8 riders.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/06/reckless_motorcycle_ride_ends.html

http://www.cleveland.com/brecksville/index.ssf/2011/06/reckless_riding_to_blame_for_i.html

From first link:

"Two of the riders who had been with the group sped away after the crash and passed a Brecksville police officer also going south on the interstate."

SERIOUSLY?!?!? They just took off and left them??? This blows my mind. :nono:

RIP Doug.

Everyone involved in the reckless driving is reponsible for his death. That's why they ran.

So, there were 6 bikes... Two up front, two in the middle and two behind.

The two in the midles both tried to split the same two cars at 100mph at the same time and both crashed. The two bikes up front sped away (but the police know who they are). The two bikes at the back stopped, but one of them fled soon after.

So, 6 bikes, 1 dead, 1 in ICU, and only ONE bike stopped and tried to help. EVERYONE ELSE fled the scene and left the downed riders to die.

Disgusting.

• 1 month later...

I part own a computer company myself and had a brief business dealing with Doug. He seemed like an honest and stand up guy. This story breaks my heart and I was involved in the accident myself (stupid teen pulled out at the light in front of me while I was doing 40mph) and buddy of mine crashed and nearly died popping a wheelie at 80mph. I live and ride in Brecksville and this is just yet another horrific reminder that we gotta keep the RUSH under control, so hard though!

Prayers go out to Doug's family.