knox co.

Unk Greg

I rode from Gambier south to WV today, and most of the roads were OK. One big limb down crowding the highway, couple of places where gravel washed onto the road, but nothing far out of the ordinary. It probably would have been worse if I'd been going north.

It always bears repeating: Hey, hey, people, let's be careful out there!

Yep...crews out and about chipping downed branches, gravel in spots and SR60 yesterday had the silty spots from standing water ..... SR715 still junk after state chipped and sealed it. SR 541East wasn't so bad...except for the mowing that had clippings out on road....a few cars should clear that away soon.

SR229 was nice all the way to Gambier...turned off at Laymon..nice to know another rider in the area.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Big monsoon again last nite (fri.6/9/11)....so gravel, tree branches yadda yadda...maybe safer to ride in Cleveland......just be careful down in Holmes, Coshocton, Knox, Mohican.

I rode a loop in the area Sunday. 62-541-83-62-520-514-62. Not so bad once I got past the horse manure on 541. I didn't see any silt and only a little gravel in the usual spots (driveways and intersections.)

Overall beautiful day. Cool, sunny and green. Mother nature was showin' off.

I rode a loop in the area Sunday. 62-541-83-62-520-514-62. Not so bad once I got past the horse manure on 541. I didn't see any silt and only a little gravel in the usual spots (driveways and intersections.)

Overall beautiful day. Cool, sunny and green. Mother nature was showin' off.

You was in the neighborhood - shoulda yelled...we was out for morning jaunt...mt vernon and back thru warsaw...silt on 60 coming north from warsaw to killbuckia.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Monday was when they mowed. Hi Cleve!

Just concerned...Sunday afternoon a rider killed right here on SR520...crested a hill and ran into a tree that fell across the road. It'd be right after turning onto 520 from 62 and before the county road that comes into killbuck and Garvers gas station. I'm out almost daily riding and see lots of things. The roads I like and a lot of you like .... well it is a dynamic environment. It is not unusual to have debris, gravel, deer, tractors, buggies, bicycles. There are all kinds of potential hazards.

Be aware and when I run across something I share it.

Safe riding.

You was in the neighborhood - shoulda yelled...we was out for morning jaunt...mt vernon and back thru warsaw...silt on 60 coming north from warsaw to killbuckia.

Hey - I'll post up next time. I do some riding up there at least once or twice a year. Sorta scary about that tree. That was within hours of when I was on 520. RIP rider.