Motorcyclist Doesn't Make Curve, Crash-Lands In Parking Lot

SWing'R

Saw it on Friday morning. No one posted it. Ignore the map shown, and google 770 Kinnear Rd., where he ended up. That isn't a tight curve on the freeway. Anyone who's been there wouldn't hardly even notice the curve. It makes no sense, and I haven't figured out why or how he and the bike would exit the freeway, supposedly over a guard rail, and down a hill.

What you do have there is the exit to the shopping center and the OSU hospital and campus. The right lane is exit only, needed for heavy traffic at times. What you do have there is a bunch of idiot drivers that will do stupid stuff trying to get in or out of that right hand lane.

That's not a tight curve. The hospital curve is much tighter and he must have passed that minutes before,

I'm going to go out on a limb and say his BAC is pretty close to the name of the road. 0.315

Right about when the adrenaline shock of riding through the hospital S curve had worn off... I'm not a big fan of that part of 315, car or bike. Bad pavement, and people struggling to maintain their lanes...

Right about when the adrenaline shock of riding through the hospital S curve had worn off... I'm not a big fan of that part of 315, car or bike. Bad pavement, and people struggling to maintain their lanes...

Nevevr ridden through there. Is it that scary just trying to make the corner?

May have been cut off by a car, or any number of things... But I'm sticking with the drunk theory for now.

Thoughts to the rider, hope he pulls through. :(

Saw it on Friday morning. No one posted it. Ignore the map shown, and google 770 Kinnear Rd., where he ended up. That isn't a tight curve on the freeway. Anyone who's been there wouldn't hardly even notice the curve. It makes no sense, and I haven't figured out why or how he and the bike would exit the freeway, supposedly over a guard rail, and down a hill.

What you do have there is the exit to the shopping center and the OSU hospital and campus. The right lane is exit only, needed for heavy traffic at times. What you do have there is a bunch of idiot drivers that will do stupid stuff trying to get in or out of that right hand lane.

There was almost no traffic. My guess is he was speeding (drastically). He exited the roadway so far from where he ended up that the officers couldn't find it. On a side note, if the red '01 GSXR with the Rough Riders emblem on it that was left on E. 11th Ave. last night belongs to anyone on here, it is in motorcycle jail!

There was almost no traffic. My guess is he was speeding (drastically). He exited the roadway so far from where he ended up that the officers couldn't find it. On a side note, if the red '01 GSXR with the Rough Riders emblem on it that was left on E. 11th Ave. last night belongs to anyone on here, it is in motorcycle jail!

It's about 1800 feet between the hospital curve and 770 Kinnear. Too far, that can't be it. Still doesn't make sense. High speed tank slapper or flat tire or unconscious or something...

There is a slight curve to the left just as 315 approaches Kinnear if you're headed southbound. Seperate from the hospital curve. Basically, the offramp at Kinnear is straight and the freeway curves away to the left.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=770+kinnear+road,+columbus,+oh&sll=39.998967,-83.029353&sspn=0.008449,0.019205&g=770+kinnear+road,+columbus,+oh&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=770+Kinnear+Rd,+Columbus,+Ohio+43212&ll=40.000153,-83.028789&spn=0.008449,0.019205&t=h&z=16