MSF class

undr_psi

So today is my last day of the basic rider course. I didn't really know what to expect out of the class and was honestly a little nervous about having an instructor breathing down my back but it actually turned out to be an awesome class. they cover alot of things that you may not think about or that may take a little while on the street to develop. The riding part of the class was a little difficult at first going from my F4i to a 200cc dirt bike (i grew up riding and racing dirt bikes but its been years since I've been on one)and all the slow speed weaving that I've never done on the street. I would recommend it to any new rider. hell there's only 5 in my class that have ever riding before. not that there's any real point to my post..just thought id share the experience with everyone and maybe help sway anyone that's "on the fence" about taking it.

Glad you enjoyed the class. Very beneficial and I always recommend them.

On another note, anyone ever taken the Advanced options? Once I get the bikes plated, I am thinking of taking one of the two offerings as a refresher. I am wondering what they cover.

On another note, anyone ever taken the Advanced options? Once I get the bikes plated, I am thinking of taking one of the two offerings as a refresher. I am wondering what they cover.

I'm taking the Advanced Rider Course - Sport Riding techniques in Aug.

I too greatly enjoyed my weekend at MSF last year!

I reccomend it to everyone

I was pretty much bored through the class, being that it's paced for people that have never been on a bike. I did learn some things, and would recommend it to any new rider. From what I understand, the practicing of the items that are "the test" makes it much easier than going to take the test on your own.

[quote

I was pretty much bored through the class, being that it's paced for people that have never been on a bike. I did learn some things, and would recommend it to any new rider. From what I understand, the practicing of the items that are "the test" makes it much easier than going to take the test on your own.

i was the same way. took it last fall and by that point i had ridden about 3-4 thousand miles so i was bored. I also learned a few things but have also forgotten things too

I took the advanced rider course the same wkend my wife was doing the beginner class - advanced rider course was only 5 hours or so, where the beginner course is 3 days - friday in class, sat/sun on the bikes.

I learned some low speed manuevering techniques that I wasn't familiar with and another perk was the nominal $25 course fee but a $50 insurance kickback......so u basically get paid to be there, but its good to take as a learning tool - seems everyone that attended that wkend left with more skills and info.

definitely geared for new riders but it was nice to do all the low speed stuff. my instructor said i did extremely well and invited me to a mid ohio track day that he attending. he said i would learn more in one day on the track then i thought possible.

Trackdays definitely teach you a lot about your riding skillset and your bike's capabilities - my next wish is to attend track schools where you're taught better controlling techniques with braking/accelerating zones, proper body positioning in/thru/out of turns, raceline effects, and all within the best possible environment to learn.......I figure the better I am at the track, the better my streetskills will ultimately become - experience tends to come in handy when certain moments call for extra expertise right? :D I'd take him up on the offer and get more aquainted with your machine!!