Midohio MTT 6/18

TSB67

Anybody gonna be there? I'll be the guy trying to calibrate a GPS datalogger down the back straight first lap out and then trying remember I'm running GP shift the rest of the evening. On that note, if anyone in with the powers that be can get me a cold lap before sessions start that would be great. Of course if it rains they'll all be cold laps.

Yeah I am out as well for both, not willing to chance it, esp. on brand new tires. I guess I did scuff the rear with some sand paper, and tried the front. Might make a few laps around the back roads down here later actually.

New tires is only a good lap away from perfect. No need to sand paper tires anymore. That's an old school thing back in the 80s... One decent paced lap and they will be good to go...

By the way, weather looks fine. The pocket of storms is traveling slightly SE and should miss us. I suspect it will be here around 11am and will pass through. More than enough time to dry the track out. They have cars running also and that will scrub the track if wet...

Brian, you are killing me, now who know's maybe I will have to rock it out. Thanks for the tip on the tires, no warmers so was a little nervous about all that, esp being my first new set of tires on something dedicated to the track. Glad I didn't work too hard with that and just a few mins.

Thanks for your everything you help us with!

Brian, you are killing me, now who know's maybe I will have to rock it out. Thanks for the tip on the tires, no warmers so was a little nervous about all that, esp being my first new set of tires on something dedicated to the track. Glad I didn't work too hard with that and just a few mins.

Thanks for your everything you help us with!

No worries, man. Are they race compound? If so, you really need some warmers. If street tires or something street/track like a Q2 or Power Pure, etc., it only takes a lap - actually less... Street tires tend to heat faster and come in really well quickly. We run Q2s on our RC8s for the Race Orange events and we go hard after the first lap... Be careful and I am not condoning WFO right off. Settle in the first 2 laps and they should be fine.

Race compound w/o warmers is going to take maybe two or three laps to come in well... Thus the reason to get warmers. The scrubbing in isn't needed anymore. Brand new and not even pulling the sticker (Shouldn't because the glue will get all over the inside of your warmers...) and we take the sight lap and let 'er eat!

By the way, the line was here around 11. However, it is south of us, but COULD skirt us by say 2pm. I am thinking we are looking good and the temps will be great. Overcast will keep the high heat away. The track should be premium with action on it prior...

They are Pures, not race comps. yet. Next season for stepping up to those. The bad news is I had to work my OT today as the gf told me we have family obligations tomorrow all day after church, so FML.

Enjoy and keep it on 2 wheels bro. Hope to catch up with you shortly though. Are you running the end of month Mid O Monday or Tuesday 27/28 ?