Saddle bags on gsxr?

xXx

Does anyone have a gsxr with saddle bags. Taking a trip with father and friends they all have saddle bags on the cruiser so I need some storage... Does anyone have so good pictures? Does anyone recommend brands over another?

72x72-THUMB.jpgFound in: Luggage

TOURMASTER SELECT SADDLEBAGS

Heavy-duty, 600 denier Carbolex and 1680 denier ballistic nylon constructionAdjustable mounting yoke can be permanently mounted under the seat of some motorcyclesRemovable neoprene layers help protect the motorcyclePhoslite reflective...

Was: 104.99 Starting at: 94.49

click_info.gif

Sponsors really good place to buy

There was an older gentlemen that came to Mid O 2 yrs ago for a 2 day event from CA with a GSXR 750 rode both days, and had nothing more than 2 saddle bags. It was epic and dude rode I the whole weekend. Said he had rode something like 100 tracks or something crazy.

100 tracks or 100 days? the latter would be believable. I don't think there are 100 full-sized tracks in the US though. If he's counting kart tracks, then maybe.

my brother has fieldsheer luggage he got on closeout from Iron Pony. He has the saddle bags and tail bag, and unless you have a high-mount exhaust, anything similar should be fine.

between that and his huge tank bag, I'm betting he could hold enough gear to camp for more days than you'd want to go w/o showering.

You'll be glad you have them. I wear them all the time now. I keep a clear visor for the lid and some other necessities. No more backpack and I always have a bottle of water.

A lot of the guys I ride with give me shit about the bags until we go on an all day ride and I've got gatorade candy bars and what ever else I feel like. We will stop for a stretch and they will say man I wish I had a water and I'm like yeah if you had saddle bags you could. Then normally I give them a water and they never give me shit again about the bags.

Dude if you use saddle bags get some duck tape where the bags rub so it dont mess up the paint

Sorry, but don't user duct tape. The adhesive residue would be a bitch to clean off the paint. Just find some blue painters tape and put on a few strips. Beside, it would match the bikes paint also. :D

Okay... How do they mount? And can a passenger ride with them on?

Mine mount under the passenger seat. Then I have them strapped to the passenger pegs by the straps that came with them. I think they are supposed to strap under the tail but I can't do that due to my undertail exhaust. You can still have a passenger. I love mine because we can take the bike to eat and not have to worry about how to get the leftovers home.