H.I.D. help

Hugo750katana

I install HID's on my 97 katana 750 which takes the H4 buld since it only has one headlight. When i go the kit i just plug-n-played just like the generic instruction manual said. my problem is that when the light is on, and i flick the switch to high beam...the bulb dont flick to high. I dont know if the magnet in the bulb that changes the angle of the bulb is bad or if i need to alter the wire harness that came with the kit. can anyone give some input? thanks

you should have a secondary harness that has a power and ground to the battery.

then that harness ties into your HID harness correct?

is it a 35 watt or 55 watt kit?

if its a 55 watt kit youll probably need a aux harness to power that 55 watt setup

i had problems with mine did the same thing

i eventually just said fuck it and just use low beam.

honestly with a 55 watt hid there is no need for a high beam

it puts out 10x more light than my halogen hi beam

honestly i dnt remember if its 35 or 55 watt. i bought it last year but i get tired of reaching past the forks to turn a wing nut to adjust the light when away from heavy traffic. i wanna b able to flick the switch and have a high beam..

the harnes is all one.. has one wire to pos. battery and one ground i ran to the frame. from there the harness goes to the ballast then to the ignitor and then to the bulb/existing bike harness. ii read a few links saying i might not be gettin enought wattage to the light which may be solved by the harness ur tlkin about... where and how much did u pay for urs?

• 1 month later...

i got my ballast and most of the harness up front on the right side of my forks where theres a ton of airflow to keep things cool and out of the rain at the same time....had it installed like this for about a week now and ive rode it to work and back almost every day...cross my fingers but not a problem yet...battery staying strong and my neons still work lol..