OSU car deals cleared

Casper

If anything occurred with these car deals, I'm sure the dealership would have been smart enough to know how to work the system. I think this whole car deal fiasco is just a side note to the bigger issue anyways.

My question is, what is the BMV using to validate the purchase price and whether or not the dealer made any money? Just curious.

If anything occurred with these car deals, I'm sure the dealership would have been smart enough to know how to work the system. I think this whole car deal fiasco is just a side note to the bigger issue anyways.

My question is, what is the BMV using to validate the purchase price and whether or not the dealer made any money? Just curious.

Seriously, there are definitely ways to fudge numbers when buying cars. I mean when I bought my bike I told the bmv I paid $100 for it and they didn't think twice about it. The dealer can do the opposite and say they paid whatever for it.

Seriously, there are definitely ways to fudge numbers when buying cars. I mean when I bought my bike I told the bmv I paid $100 for it and they didn't think twice about it. The dealer can do the opposite and say they paid whatever for it.

supposedly it's "random," but occasionally people get letters in the mail after they buy or sell a vehicle. They ask what you paid, and what you sold it for.

If the amounts from the buyer and seller don't match, they open an investigation. Both parties can get in trouble, and possibly the notary. I'm not sure if they're supposed to see the cash change hands or not.

supposedly it's "random," but occasionally people get letters in the mail after they buy or sell a vehicle. They ask what you paid, and what you sold it for.

If the amounts from the buyer and seller don't match, they open an investigation. Both parties can get in trouble, and possibly the notary. I'm not sure if they're supposed to see the cash change hands or not.

I've received one such letter, when I bought my bike from WV. Not sure if the seller received one as well, but our stories matched and I didn't hear a peep from the State about it since.

I'm not saying that this dealership did ...or didn't do anything wrong here, but I would have to believe that being as open about it and doing it for as long as it has supposedly been going on, that they are smart enough to not get caught by the BMV. It's the BMV...not the FBI or the CIA.

Having said that...there had to be SOME incentive for the players to keep going back to the same dealer.

I got one. Im sure I put something different than the guy who bought it told the dealership. Havent heard anything since. Been over 6 months.

I'm not saying that this dealership did ...or didn't do anything wrong here, but I would have to believe that being as open about it and doing it for as long as it has supposedly been going on, that they are smart enough to not get caught by the BMV. It's the BMV...not the FBI or the CIA.

Having said that...there had to be SOME incentive for the players to keep going back to the same dealer.

I have sent several friends/family members to the same dealer & salesman I bought a car off of, which has netted him 3 sales so far. I got a good deal and he took care of me, so of course I recommended him to people. Maybe in the close knit "family" that is OSU Football word got around that this salesman doesn't BS and provides good service so he gets recommended to the other guys. Some salesman get paid by the volume of cars they move...not always the amount they pull off of each car. So if he said "hey send your buddies here if you want me to give them a great deal" then he was just doing his job as a salesman to move more cars.

I have sent several friends/family members to the same dealer & salesman I bought a car off of, which has netted him 3 sales so far. I got a good deal and he took care of me, so of course I recommended him to people. Maybe in the close knit "family" that is OSU Football word got around that this salesman doesn't BS and provides good service so he gets recommended to the other guys. Some salesman get paid by the volume of cars they move...not always the amount they pull off of each car. So if he said "hey send your buddies here if you want me to give them a great deal" then he was just doing his job as a salesman to move more cars.

It's possible..but since the salesman was getting OSU game passes, and both he and the owner went to the 2007 Nat Champ. game and the 09 Fiesta bowl, my BS meter is flashing red. Does it happen in other places? Sure. Do I have a problem with it? Not really. I just don't buy the "This dealer will take care of you" angle.

In my years on this planet, I've determined that there is no such thing as a free lunch. The players aren't going to this dealer (50 + cars) just because he's got good prices. And, I could care less about this part of the whole fiasco. I'm really not expecting the BMV (it's the friggin BMV) to dig anything up.