saralynn518

What date works for you  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What date works for you

• July 15-17
    • July 22-24
    • July 29-31
    • none

Just to get an idea of how many people want to go and what weekend would work best. Location can be figured out based on that info. I guess I'm too new to insert a poll (:o), so just reply if you're interested and which dates work best. I think the weekend of the 9th is cutting it too close to plan a weekend outing. Plus, maybe my bike will be running on a later date.

Dates:

July 15-17

July 22-24

July 29-31

Sara...I can't do a weekend gig..best is a short time on a sunday and then maybe a cage.There is only three or four of us so you guys set the time and place and I will do my best to be there.After this sunday I see nothing marked on my calendar for awhile.

MansViewOnLife.jpg

I'll give the campout offer until the end of the week. If no one else responds, then I don't think it would work too well with just 2 people. No offense snowwolf, but I've never met you and being in the middle of nowhere on an overnight trip...well ya know. I can still try to put together a RTE (or whatever you guys call it over here on OR). Hopefully my bike will be ready to go by next week. Part are on their way! Hooray!

if anyone is interested we camp over night at a poker run called farmstead in mt vernon ohio its a poker run for hospice, we have a nice group that drinks a little after we are done riding and have a camp over in our tents they have a band friday and sat night with food raffles and silent aution its a really good time for people to meet up so you dont feel like its only 2 of ya camping for the first time together lol its aug 20 if you are interested

• 3 weeks later...

Sara...thanks for trying to get something together...this is a busy time of the year for me till december but i still might get off early on a saturday in august or september and do an overniter somewhere.

We shall see,I am not a regular on this site so I will keep in touch with the group as I have time.:D

So what might the problems be?Sara.

Well, I got the carbs cleaned out, replaced gaskets and O-rings, replaced hoses and clamps, floats are set. Started it and adjusted screws properly, but engine was revving with choke on at about 2500 and then would go up to about 5k. Managed to get it idling at proper rpms with choke half on, but when giving it gas, it wouldn't go above 3500rpm. Bike dies if choke is off. So I took it to a mechanic and he found a clogged jet. He blew out the holes with compressed air and everything should be great...

Put carbs back on and now I can't get the bike to idle at all...regardless of choke. It's leaking a bit out the left overflow hose. I knocked the side of the carb in case the float was sticking. Got it to idle. Tried a few things, turned off choke, and now bike won't start again. Turning over just fine. I just don't get it. It idled fine (aside from the stated issues) before he unclogged the jets. He said I was pretty much running on only one carb. Now that I'm running on two, I got nothing.

Should also add that I fixed the throttle cable and it's not hanging up anywhere. I have looked extensively for a usable diagram/schematics (or even instructions) on the cable routing, but can't find anything. It's possible the cable was routed wrong before I got it. That's a different issue though.

I will be getting the title sometime this week and putting the bike up for sale. Was hoping to get the bugs out before I sell it though. I have another bike waiting for me, but it's in the Cleveland area and have no way to go get it.