'08 Fireblade Help:Fuel Pump...

Jst2fst

Ok, so my buddy and I are debating on what happened to his bike he thinks the fuel pump went out on his bike was working fine then just stopped. He did drop it on the right side some weeks back but it was still running with no other problems. We checked every fuse and replaced only one a 10 amp gauge illumination. I can't figure out why this is even happening the bike has 5600 miles on it and he babies it. Also his kill switch cranks in the on and off position I told him that its not suppose to do that I'm not sure if that is the problem or not as well. The bikes battery has a full charge on it from the trickle charger. Everything turns on with the exception of the rear signals.

Now for the rear of the bike none of the signals work but the rear break light. Were putting on some aftermarket signals and their is no power. We even hooked the stock ones back on and still no power as well the front signals have been changed to LED's they might need a resistor to bring down the flash cycles. You would think that if the rear brake light would work so would the license plate light but no nothing and when the they key is on. Please any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a loose connection or some damage to the harness possibly.

That was another thought we saw two wire harnesses in the battery area and tried to mess around with them ans hope that something would work and it would start. I have no idea how his bike is wired. I was thinking that it just lost power somewhere but I don't really know how the power wire is router to the fuel pump and rear signals. Still trying to find a wiring diagram

I've got an '08 CBR as well, and have the factory manual that should have a wiring diagram. Send me a PM or email and let me know where you want to start looking and what parts you want a diagram for.

Does anyone know if it's legal (i.e., not against copyright infringement) to scan and post a pic on this forum?

Is he the first owner? Something sounds fubared in the wiring harness...

Nope, he's the third owner got it with 400 miles on it

I've got an '08 CBR as well, and have the factory manual that should have a wiring diagram. Send me a PM or email and let me know where you want to start looking and what parts you want a diagram for.

Does anyone know if it's legal (i.e., not against copyright infringement) to scan and post a pic on this forum?

we need info on the fuel pump and supporting fuel systems that could interfere with the pumps operation. As well the rear of the bike left/right turn signals and license plate light don't work. I'll try and ask him what else we need and I'll send a PM

Does the bike turn on? Sounds like an electrical issue. My turn signals didnt work on my last bike and it was something to do with the wiring harness in the tail.

No, it will crank and try to start but nothing. You can't even hear the fuel pump prime. The kill switch allows the bike to crank in the on/off position which puzzles me.

check the harnes conection at the back of the guage cluster. the bank sensor is located in the front or upper fairing in these bike and it sounds like a bank sensor thing. almost all of the bikes comunication runs through the cluster as well. just fyi

Found the problem the bike runs. When he dropped the bike it was still running and today before it went to the shop I found the tilt sensor was upside down behind the front of the bike inbetween the headlights. Turned it right side up and she fired right up.

Edited by Jst2fst