Casey Anthony Not Guilty

madcat6183

The verdict was correct. The prosecution was bunk.

I'm glad at least SOME people get it.

The vast majority of people on this site have been pretty intelligent about things. I nearly lost my mind trying to explain logic to people on Facebook the other day...

I hate that this woman probably got away with killing her daughter, but if they'd convicted her, it would have shaken the foundation of our judicial system. The government can imprison you without proving that you committed a crime? No thanks.

I'm glad at least SOME people get it.

The vast majority of people on this site have been pretty intelligent about things. I nearly lost my mind trying to explain logic to people on Facebook the other day...

I hate that this woman probably got away with killing her daughter, but if they'd convicted her, it would have shaken the foundation of our judicial system. The government can imprison you without proving that you committed a crime? No thanks.

Exactly. I'm 90% sure she killed the girl, and I'm 100% sure that bad things went on in that family.

People are screaming about justice for the girl... Well, that would require that we do away with "beyond reasonable doubt", and then where is the justice for everyone else in the country?

I had a debate on this yesterday with a guy who kept syaing; "but she killed her". "How do you know?" Finally he admitted he didn't know, but he believed it, and he couldn't prove it, but was pretty sure. I asked if he'd like to go to jail because someone is "pretty sure" HE comitted some crime. he didn't like that idea. Then he said; "It's just like OJ - he killed his wife..." "*sigh* How do you know?"

Nancy Grace is stepping on thin ice. She is goign on record stating that Casey anthony is "Guilty". According to the court system, she is NOT guilty. That is defamation.

She then went on to say that Casey Anthony killed her daughter. Again, defemation, unless it can be proven (or more accurately, defamation IF Casey sues and the judge agrees by preponderance of the evidence that the statement defamed her)

"Nasty Face" argued she has a right to free speech. But, being a former prosecutor, should know the subtle differences between free speech and slander.

What she CAN say; "I believe that Casey Anthony should have been found guilty". She cannot say; "Casey Anthony IS guilty."

Ok: "I am convinced that Casey Anthony killed the girl". Not ok: "Casey Anthony DID kill the girl.

Of course, being a former prosecutor, I'm sure she knows how close she can get to that line of defamation. In order for Casey Anthony to win a defmation suit she;d have to prove to a judge that is was "more likely than not" (preponderance) that she DID NOT kill her daughter. NOT GUILTY and INNOCENT are not the same thing. I doubt that she could ever meet even the lower prepoderance standard trying to proce she didn't do it (failing some sudden admission from her father) BUT the word "Guilty" is black and white, so it would be easier to convince a judge that calling her "Guilty" after being found not guilty is defamation.

I love law. It's like real life but you are not allowed to care about people's emotions.

I love law. It's like real life but you are not allowed to care about people's emotions.

This is where people get confused. As a parent, we all see this woman carrying on while her daughter is missing...and we all say...this bitch did it!!! Of course she did, or knows what happened. BUT, it's up to the prosecutor to PROVE it, beyond any doubt. Otherwise, we'd all go to jail anytime someone accused us of anything.

The verdict was the right thing to do. Even the jury felt she was guilty, BUT based on the evidence presented to them, they had no choice but to find her innocent.

What I find amusing (read: irritating) is that nobody gives a shit about the black baby found dead in the dumpster. That doesn't hit national television' date=' but some white bitch makes headlines because "Oh.. that poor, defenseless white baby!!! The humanity of it all!!!!"

Stupid white people, with their stupid superiority complex.[/quote']

If Uncle Punk were here, I'm sure he'd agree with you.

Nancy Grace is stepping on thin ice. She is goign on record stating that Casey anthony is "Guilty". According to the court system, she is NOT guilty. That is defamation.

She then went on to say that Casey Anthony killed her daughter. Again, defemation, unless it can be proven (or more accurately, defamation IF Casey sues and the judge agrees by preponderance of the evidence that the statement defamed her)

"Nasty Face" argued she has a right to free speech. But, being a former prosecutor, should know the subtle differences between free speech and slander.

What she CAN say; "I believe that Casey Anthony should have been found guilty". She cannot say; "Casey Anthony IS guilty."

Ok: "I am convinced that Casey Anthony killed the girl". Not ok: "Casey Anthony DID kill the girl.

Of course, being a former prosecutor, I'm sure she knows how close she can get to that line of defamation. In order for Casey Anthony to win a defmation suit she;d have to prove to a judge that is was "more likely than not" (preponderance) that she DID NOT kill her daughter. NOT GUILTY and INNOCENT are not the same thing. I doubt that she could ever meet even the lower prepoderance standard trying to proce she didn't do it (failing some sudden admission from her father) BUT the word "Guilty" is black and white, so it would be easier to convince a judge that calling her "Guilty" after being found not guilty is defamation.

She did the exact same thing with the Duke Lacrosse players. EXACT.

More viewers = more ad revenue

Black babies don't generate viewers which means, in someone's eyes...black babies aren't as important.

I won't even start on the Nancy Grace type personalities and shows.

Yeah..it's all disgusting.

More viewers = more ad revenue

Black babies don't generate viewers which means, in someone's eyes...black babies aren't as important.

people are interested in what they're familiar with. Blacks make up something like 12-15% of the US population. A failure to pursue 15% of the viewing public isn't necessarily meant to be racist; it's just a simple numbers game.

I was just as disturbed by that a-hole in Columbus who jumped on his infant son and then threw him in the trash. That was a black baby, wasn't it? It's been a while.

I didn't say it was racist. I said black babies weren't as important in someone's eyes. Obviously, the people interested in the ad revenue care more about the things that make them more money, not about the things that really matter....like finding someone's child.