Brand New Shark SX1 Dirt Helmet

wacky_woodchuck

So this thing just arrived tonight. I tried it on and the helmet fits, but the ear pockets for me are not right. My dumbo ears do not fit into them and they pinch. This large helmet fits just like all larges from Fox, O'neal, MSR that I tried on.

I bought this from eBay and bought a large, just as my Shark RSR2. The helmet shape and interior fit the same between both. It still has all tags attached and has never been worn.

But.... I bought this from eBay and the seller says no returns. Great... The issue I have with this lid, is the white plastic around the eye port is discolored. Not a big deal for me as it's just going to get used. I tried to take as best a pic as I can, but it might not come out. The lower ring around the helmet is perfectly white. The eye port, is a tanish white. Yeah, it looks bad. But a few rides in the dirt and it'll be that way. I haven't tried to clean it, I'll let the new owner do that.

The helmet born on date is on the box (12-2006), yes it's 5 years old, but the five year rule is from time of use once your sweat gets into the glue.

The lid has a fully removeable liner that's plush. This lid is super light (one of the reasons why I bought it) and has the Shark EPS liner system (it's a series of grooved/molded EPS that crushes on impact and is not a full EPS.

Price, due to the discoloration, is $100 in person. I'll ship but I ask you pay for shipping. This lid retails for $229 and you can find them online and other places for around $150ish.

The ONLY reason why I'm selling this is because I don't like the fit. Seems like I'll have to drive to the Pony and find one that does.

IMG-20110712-00010.jpg

IMG-20110712-00011.jpg

IMG-20110712-00012.jpg

IMG-20110712-00013.jpg

IMG-20110712-00014.jpg

IMG-20110712-00015.jpg

Edited by wacky_woodchuck
New Pics added