Motorcyclist Hurt In Hit-Skip Crash Along West Broad Street

Scruit

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/07/13/story-columbus-motorcyclist-hurt-hit-skip-crash.html?sid=102

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A motorcyclist was hospitalized in critical condition after a hit-skip crash along West Broad Street on Tuesday evening.

It happened at about 7:30 p.m., near the ramps to Interstate 270, 10TV News reported.

Deputies said a white full-sized van with a ladder attached to its top crashed into the motorcycle, knocking the rider off the bike.

The driver kept going after the crash, dragging the motorcycle for nearly a quarter of a mile, deputies said.

The name of the injured motorcyclist was not immediately released by investigators.

Edit: Comments in the discussion section indicate a sever arm injury and a leg injury but the rider is expected to be ok. Stolen plate on a white chevy van drive by a white male, supposedly.

Edited by Scruit

Has anyone heard the name of the rider? My uncle rides a lot and lives in the area. Wasn't him but he was wondering if he might know the motorcyclist.

Edited by cOoTeR

I just noticed this in the story:

Deputies said that a man who was driving a van struck and dragged a motorcycle driver for a 1/4 mile near the bridge at West Broad Street and Interstate 270.

(My emphasis)

This is the first time the story has said the rider was dragged. At first it was said that the bike was dragged. The van driver stopped, got out, removed the bike from his van, then drove off.

If it is confirmed that the van driver dragged the RIDER for 1/4 mile then I think it's time to round up a posse. :beating: