Trackday RC8's...Nice!

LINK

Yeah saw a lot of them last weekend, well 2 lol.

Petey from Indy had one, along with a 300K hauler, and has the Red Bull spec KTM too at home in Cali. That would be his winter house for when they leave Indy.

Only other track from Mid O he has run is ..... Laguna Seca..... $$$$ BALLER.

And this thing was CLEAN, and he was asking me about serving it like I had a clue, because at the end of the day his oil light and screen were telling him it was past due for service. I told him to talk to Brian not me lol.

Oh and Brians but that is because he is DA MAN!!!!

When Petey passed me on the back straight the 2nd to last session, I went in my pants, but then caught back up in the technical area, and didn't even consider passing because that bike was so nasty and I would hate myself had something happened.

Nice dude Petey was. I want to be his friend so I can kick it in his hauler between sessions next time at Mid O or at Putnam in Aug.

If I was serious about racing on the track, and had 20K laying around, my decision on which bike to use would be so easy for me...:D

http://www.ktm.com/us/superbike/1190-rc8-r-track.html

Yup, one of the best bikes I have had the pleasure of riding. It handles like a 600 and the grunt out of the turns is silly. The sound... Well, ask anyone that has been at the track while we have had them there and they will tell you better than me. I personally think it is one of the best sounding bikes in a long time.

Only 20 made for the US market and at the end of the season, I know a guy that will most likely have a demo for sale!:D

rc8rrssideprofile.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Of course, the HMC Superbike was pure sex also... It is the same platform with some changes. OK, changes we can never ever afford, but at least it looks similar!!

hmcrc8r4.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Only other track from Mid O he has run is ..... Laguna Seca..... $$$$ BALLER.

You don't want to be a "one track pony." Don't get me wrong, you can do way worse than Laguna Seca and Mid-Ohio as your "primary" tracks, but different tracks teach you a lot.

it's worth a little time and effort to go some place new.

No argument on the RC8 though. I started talking about it in the 1190R thread, but the RC8 impressed the hell out of me with a 7th in its AMA debut.

Chris Filmore deserves a lot of credit too, of course. I know they were only scheduled for 3 events this season, but with one of them being VIR, I'm wondering if the crew might have something else in the works now.

Brian? Care to comment? :D

The sound of the rc8s are amazing, its a sound I will never forget as brian flew by me coming onto the back stretch of nelson, I too had a sticky mess to clean up after that session.

you sure that wasn't from the previous owner? PJ was a weird dude. who knows when on with that bike behind closed doors...:wtf:

Oh no, it was only his second track because it was his 3rd track day EVER, ALL on the KTM.

AKA the dude is baller and super nice. He will be riding a ton more tracks, Putnam next month, and more in CA over the winter he said.

Dub talked to him more than I did, but I did get to hold the bike while he put it on stands at the end of the day.

ah - it's always semi obnoxious to encounter rich people who are too nice to hate.

It's just frustrating to be out-dollar'd at the track; whether it's seat time, or equipment. Probably why I take more joy in passing bikes that are more expensive than mine.

You don't want to be a "one track pony." Don't get me wrong, you can do way worse than Laguna Seca and Mid-Ohio as your "primary" tracks, but different tracks teach you a lot.

it's worth a little time and effort to go some place new.

No argument on the RC8 though. I started talking about it in the 1190R thread, but the RC8 impressed the hell out of me with a 7th in its AMA debut.

Chris Filmore deserves a lot of credit too, of course. I know they were only scheduled for 3 events this season, but with one of them being VIR, I'm wondering if the crew might have something else in the works now.

Brian? Care to comment? :D

We will be doing Laguna since VIR has been dropped...