thinking its time to expand the family

scottie.harris

No not as in having little Scottie juniors running around, id hang myself if they acted anything like me :D , but adding another dog.

Since I moved into my new house my yellow lab riley misses being around my moms two labs. I lived with my parents for 6 months while I looked for a house, during that time she got really close to them. Now she is kinda depressed and so is my moms chocolate lab. Riley is now the only dog so I decided its time to get another lab, we are actually looking into picking up a black lab on Saturday. Hoping it goes well.

My only concern is that riley was an "only pup" if you get what I mean and she's use to getting all the attention.

Rescues are awesome I will never take anything away from that. We currently have a rescued Springer that is awesome. Besides the fact that my fiance and I are both part of the ESSRA (English Springer Spaniel Rescue Assoc). We stopped on the way back from a shoot and picked her up as a foster for a little while. Two days later I was telling the lady at the Head of the group to forget it to pull the add down she was staying.

Since our recent loss of our male. We have been looking at getting another male to balance things in the house. I have went back to the rescue pages a few times but keep fighting it.

You should know in the first couple of minutes if a dog works with you or not.

Good luck man.

well I ended up getting a rescued dog, she is a lab terrier mix. Not sure of the age but she's still young, her back teeth haven't full came thru.

She's extremely well behaved, and best of all my lab and her really like each other and play together. Will post pics when I get to a computer. Btw we named her zoey.