SW Ohio - Rudy Rd. Tipp City area

Helmutt

I typically commute on the Interstate from home (Piqua) to work (HuberHeights) in the mornings and commute to home from work via backroads in the evenings -- I hadn't been up Rudy Rd. in quite some time, but I remember chattin' with OldSchoolDime about it recently so I chose to take it this particular day (Tuesday evening) off of westbound Rt 571. As soon as I turned north on Rudy, I noticed an excessive amount of tarsnakes which is usually nothing out of the ordinary for Ohio; but once the road started twisting, these tarsnakes were so thick and greasy that my bike was stepping out very badly and at low speeds (25mph turns and I was at 15-20mph!!).......even rolling straight with the clutch pulled, the bike was slipping left and right!! Impossible to enjoy the scenery/ride with the surface conditions -- I couldn't tolerate it anymore and skipped Benham Rd. to hop off Rudy where it intersects Tipp-Elizabeth Rd.

FYI for any of you that ride this area, do yourself a favor and steer clear of Rudy Rd. -- at least the southern section of it, I can't elaborate on the north end after Benham Rd. and Tipp-Elizabeth since I'd had enough by that point.

Guess I should've read this thread before posting mine...

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=77412&highlight=rudy

Damn, memory is failing me more and more these days:D

So, the consensus is steer clear of Rudy Rd. until its repaved......probably around 2025 or so?