need advice from people who fly a lot.

cOoTeR

So I'm going to be in the academy the whole month of Sept. in artesia NM. I was planning on getting out of class on Sept. 9 and flying home for my wedding on Sept. 10. Then flying back to New Mexico on the 1130 so I could report to class on the 12th. The problem is I get outta class at 5pm the last flight I can find within 100 miles leaves at 4:45pm. The other option I have is leave the morning of the wedding at 6:45am and arrive in Columbus at 1:58pm then rush an hour north to get married at 3:30pm. (if we go this route we will push the wedding back to 4:30pm.

Moving the wedding date or location aren't options we want to do. Can anyone think of any other logical options? I don't think I'll be able to afford it but does anyone know what a non commercial flight from new Mexico to Ohio would cost? Would a small plane be able to do it? Could the times be made?

Flying from the Pacific time zone to the Eastern time zone is particularly problematic as the airports impose large landing fees for flights touching down between 11pm and 6 or 8am. As such, you rarely get flights after 6pm.

Southwest does have a 5:55pm flight into Chicago - Midway. Airports in the Central time zone will buy you an hour but I don't think you can get to Albuquerque in time for this flight.

Better to fly in the AM anyway, less likely to run into a summer Midwest thunderstorm.

Never connect through Dallas in the summer and never connect through Chicago in the winter. My personal rules of thumb for booking flights.

You can rent a charter jet, but it will cost anywhere from $3000 to $30,000, plus fees. some charge a flat rate, some charge an hourly rate, plus rules about layovers, max time, range, stuff. The advantage is that it would be ready to go when you are. The problem is that it would have to be fast enough to meet your time constraints. So a small turbo prop aircraft might not work out. Also have to consider where a larger jet can land. You can get a smaller aircraft to land at an airport closer to your departure and destination. Where's Julie when we need her. She would know this stuff.