Charging System HELP......

jbctown

Last week the battery was over charged and fried. So I replaced the battery and regulator/rectifier. From what I have read and a procedure UP sent me, the system should charge at 12-13v at idle and at 4k-5k rpm should not go over 15v. After replacement of both components the system charges at 14.3v consistently at idle and through any rpm range. So my next test was the stator,it tested out fine not over/under output. Any ideas why its 14.5v adl?

This is on 2007 Gsxr 750

Thanks for any help.

Last week the battery was over charged and fried. So I replaced the battery and regulator/rectifier. From what I have read and a procedure UP sent me, the system should charge at 12-13v at idle and at 4k-5k rpm should not go over 15v. After replacement of both components the system charges at 14.3v consistently at idle and through any rpm range. So my next test was the stator,it tested out fine not over/under output. Any ideas why its 14.5v adl?

This is on 2007 Gsxr 750

Thanks for any help.

If your at 14ish at idle and still 14 - 15 at 5000 rpm your good to go. Over 15 I would start to be conserned and below 13 at idle I would start watching it. See what your manual says, but a steady 14.3v is a good thing. --- Oh yeah, put a good overnite 18 hour trickle charge on the battery before you test.

Go through your connections and clean them good and you should be fine.

Edited by mello dude

See what your manual says, but a steady 14.3v is a good thing. --- Oh yeah, put a good overnite 18 hour trickle charge on the battery before you test.

Go through your connections and clean them good and you should be fine.

Manual is long gone and its a new battery charged at 1 amp for 16 hrs.

and sat 2 hrs before doing a load test on it. Tested good. Im in the process of checking all leads and connections.

Thanks

i know my 2008 gsxr 750 had a recall on the rectifier but im not sure about the 2007. Maybe you still have a bad rectifier but the recall i believe was for them going bad and not charging

I called the dealer and the 07 was not in the recall, and I did replace the RR