is kimber actually better??

It'sMyRR

I've been looking at getting another handgun that is actually carry size. Found a Kimber carry issue .45. I've heard that a Kimber is one of the best guns out there....anyone actually know or have other suggestions??

"Kimber is the best"

"Kimber is the worst"

You'll hear both arguments, and you'll hear them about any gun made.

I have a Kimber with approximately 600 rounds through it and absolutely no failures. YRMV.

I would strongly suggest shooting it before buying it, if possible.

I think the problem is that 1911's tend to be expensive so kimbers being 1911's are also expensive. they are really nice guns top shoot and to look at but the carry size 1911's tend to have problems, and are a huge pain to teardown for cleaning. I would suggest spending the same money on a carry specific gun (taurus TCP or S&W Bodyguard .380) if thats what you want to be able to do and then also buy a full size.. :)

the problem is that people don't realize that 1911 specs are so tight they have to be allowed to break in. Ive had many issues with my kimber with less than 500 rounds. Once it was around 430 rounds it was fine. I've not had any single issues with it since.

If you buy a kimber, plan on shooting it 500 times.

Wilson combat probably makes some of the best 1911's out there, but I agree on Springfield Armory as a top choice for sure. Believe it or not.......one of the highest rated 1911's out there is the Taurus PT1911, I am seriously considering buying one. Ruger has a sweet 1911 now that is getting rave reviews, also another to consider. Yes I believe Kimber's to be a bit overrated.

I had a pt1911 I didn't care for it they are git and miss for good ones like the rest of their semi auto lines. I like SA's I have two. I would go Wilson over kimbers although kimbers has some pretty firearms.

I think the problem is that 1911's tend to be expensive so kimbers being 1911's are also expensive. they are really nice guns top shoot and to look at but the carry size 1911's tend to have problems, and are a huge pain to teardown for cleaning.

Hard to tear down?

compared o the Take down of my pt840 where i pull the slide back slide a button down and it slides off and I can take it all apart in about 6 seconds. i guess from what im told its just like a glock. the kimbers you have a take down wrench and a few more steps. I've only seen it done once but it looked llike a huge pain.