Making Chili

Casper

I dont give a fuck how you cook it, let it sit in the fridge 24 hours or at a minimum overnight before you eat it. It WILL taste better...I promise you.

Yep what he said I don't know why, but its better day 2.

Beef is actually very hard for bacteria to penetrate, so with a piece of meat like steak, you can cook the outside and kill all the bad stuff while still having a raw or little-cooked center.

With ground beef, all that surface bacteria gets ground up and ends up evenly dispersed throughout. this is why burgers that are red in the center aren't recommended.

if you are referring to FDA recommendations, they recommend that ALL meats be cooked to well done. It's a typical gubberment CYA kinda deal. Rare ≠ cold in the middle.

After eating on your leftover chili for a few days when it starts getting thick put that last little bit on bread and make a sammich. Chili definatley gets better after a couple days.

Try this for a different type of chili:

White bean Chili

-Cube up some chicken breasts

-1 onion chopped

-1.5 tsp garlic powder

-1 jar of northern white beans

-1 can of chicken broth

-8oz of chopped green chilies

-1 tsp of salt

-1 tsp of cuman

-1 tsp of dried oregano

-.5 tsp pepper, parsley and cayenne pepper

- 1 cup sour cream

-.5 cup of whipping cream

Boil everything in a pot but the sour cream and whipping cream. Then simmer for about 30 mins. Then remove from heat, add sour and whipping cream and serve.

if you are referring to FDA recommendations, they recommend that ALL meats be cooked to well done. It's a typical gubberment CYA kinda deal. Rare ≠ cold in the middle.

I'm not referring to FDA anything.

Also, rare=room temp in the middle which is the temp it should start at when you start cooking.