Harbor Freight "Battery Tender" coupon $4.99

YSR_Racer_99

Their version of a BT. Picked up a couple last night, after my real BT Jr. died suddenly. Good reviews. Reviews and instructions say to not leave this connected to the battery but unplugged from the wall (it will kill the battery). Easy enough.

http://tinyurl.com/3bqm7l3

Not sure if this is the same as the battery tenders. I think this may be a battery maintainer. I.e. maintains whatever level the battery is at when connected. So if the battery is half drained when you hook it up, it will maintain that half drained state for the duration its connected instead of charging the battery to full and then changing to trickle charge mode.

I may be WAY off on this but i am 95% sure that's how it works.

i picked one up a while back and they do not work with agm batteries. should work fine if you are running a lead acid battery

Yeah, they point that out on the box and in the instructions. I ain't got one 'uh them fancy batteries. Mine are lead 'n acid, the way it SHOULD be. Back when I was a kid, we didn't have no fancy batteries.