April 29th Mid-Ohio track day

COP349

I will be up there Sunday... Maybe I will see someone I know ? :dunno:

i'll be up there. Look for the Motorhome with a white trailer on the back. it'll have the Cycle Search International logo on it and my Black 06 GSXR 600 will be there. number 852 expert. i'll be instructing, so i wont have much time off the track, but before the day starts and afterwards i'll be just hangin around. everyone feel free to stop by.

well, no one came around to talk, but it was a weird weekend for sure. started out with some serious tuning problems. bike wouldnt run for anything on partial throttle below 11k. finally just decided to ride it out. ended up having to run in 1st gear through the carousel and keyhole. basically ran a gear low on the whole track to keep it from dying out on me. finally got used to the 600 and then started playin with suspension since my front end was bottoming. cranked in the preload and set the sag, tried it again and continued to bottom. gonna have to get a heavier set of springs for my big self. only was runnin 1:41's consistently, but with all the problems with the bike and suspension that was pretty good. hope everyone else had fun and please share your experience on here.

my buddy bill was instructing the novice group on sat. and in the intermediate on sunday. he was on a blue '07 street r1, he was running under 1.40's all day on it with the stock tires. btw, his gone 1.32 at mid ohio on a stock motor 600.

my buddy bill was instructing the novice group on sat. and in the intermediate on sunday. he was on a blue '07 street r1, he was running under 1.40's all day on it with the stock tires. btw, his gone 1.32 at mid ohio on a stock motor 600.

I actually saw him.. if memory serves me right he was instructing group 1 of novice... I was in group 2 and I vaguely remember seeing him beside me and thought I heard him say something about that R1 being a brand new bike?

I actually saw him.. if memory serves me right he was instructing group 1 of novice... I was in group 2 and I vaguely remember seeing him beside me and thought I heard him say something about that R1 being a brand new bike?

yep that's him. one of the coolest guys i know, he'll give the shirt off his back for another racer/rider any day of the week. not to mention he's extremely talented, and very humble about it