School me on 3d televisions.

Anden

My advise, don't get one. They are just big gimmicks and cost WAY too much. But if you insist on getting one, samsung makes the best IMO but lg is gonna be the cheapest because they now use passive glasses which are what they use in the movie theater.

Edited by JStump

My advise, don't get one. They are just big gimmicks and cost WAY too much. But if yupou insist on getting one, samsung makes the best IMO but lg is gonna be the cheapest because they now use passive glasses which arewhat they use in the movie theater.

+1. Don't waste the money or spend the money you'd spend on a 3D set and get a real good HD set.

I have a good hd set. I will comment on the fact that what I can pick up over the air looks better than what time warner is sending through the cable.

Other than that I do like the idea of passive 3d sets. We are a family of five and buying all those glasses is scary. But what I have seen so far with the active they can deliver a 2d image to those that 3d make feel ill.

Honestly I went with the LED over the 3D just because I got 60" for the price of a 50". But price wise the new toshiba 3D is wonderful. It looks fucking sweet, but sports is hard to watch. It converts all channels to 3D and it's really great quality. They also give you like 8 pairs of glasses which is sweet, and they aren't the battery operated ones. These are like the ones they give you in the theater but way better. Go check them out. Just don't talk to a salesman until you have seen your choices. Of course they are all bias and want you to spend $3000 with them. I got the 60" sharp Aquos full 1080p with full apps and web capability and I got it for $1200. Just make sure you do research. TVs are fun.

:)