Dublin pedestrian death

Scruit

Remember the pedestrian who was killed while in a crosswalk last christmas? Driver was charged with vehicular homocide.

Accident report states the pedestrian was in a marked crosswalk as part of a group people and had made it all the was acorss the road and was about to step onto the sidewalk when she was hit by the passenger headlight area of the defendant's car. Meaning that the pedestrian was directly in front of the driver for as long as it took her to walk across the lane. 5 seconds? 10 seconds?

I don't recall anyone reporting on the disposition of the charges so I just looked.

12 months probation. 60 days jail (all suspended). $300 fine and no points or suspension.

Anyone else disappointed by this outcome? :mad:

Dayum, who represented them?

Yeah, I'm not happy about that either. I'd be fine if they revoked the driver's license for life, and threw her in jail 12 years. That's by far the best way to kill someone and get away with it, sad as it is. I know a crazy girl who got high and killed someone in a car and also did no time. Major bummer.