How long do you think before they try that here?

Casper

Muslims continually block streets in NYC for their morning prayer. NYC also has a massive annual parade of something like 'Muslim pride'.

Sharia Law is in effect in Britain so it will be interesting to see how this plays out when the Muslims want to march. Anymore it seems certain organizations get preferential treatment when it comes to those sorts of things.

Muslims continually block streets in NYC for their morning prayer. NYC also has a massive annual parade of something like 'Muslim pride'.

Sharia Law is in effect in Britain so it will be interesting to see how this plays out when the Muslims want to march. Anymore it seems certain organizations get preferential treatment when it comes to those sorts of things.

Mike,

I lived in NYC for 4 years and never witnessed this 'muslim pride' parade. I am assuming you have a link to some evidence of this? Also, I would appreciate a link to the 'continually block streets in NYC for their morning prayer' item. I lived across the street from the largest mosque in NYC for awhile and just wondered where you got your info as it is certainly WRONG and inflammatory. Thanks!!

Edited by mattm

Mike,

I lived in NYC for 4 years and never witnessed this 'muslim pride' parade. I am assuming you have a link to some evidence of this? Also, I would appreciate a link to the 'continually block streets in NYC for their morning prayer' item. I lived across the street from the largest mosque in NYC for awhile and just wondered where you got your info as it is certainly WRONG and inflammatory. Thanks!!

I can dig and see if I can find the links, but as this was all discussed at length on another site over 2 years ago I am not sure their archives go back that far. My computer does not have the capacity to keep all the links I find concerning issues like this either.

The parade was real as was the taking over of a certain street by praying muslims. There were film clips of the parade, which was peaceful, not inciteful, and there were pictures of these people sitting in the streets, praying. All with pictured references to their locale within the aforementioned links.

Sorry, but this is not WRONG but rather factual.

Mike,

I don't want to sound like a dick, but you may want to check your facts before you spout off. If you go to muslimdayparade.com you will see that they in fact do have an annual muslim pride parade in NYC. If you click on the link in blue titled Council On American Islamic Relations, New York, you will see that in 2009 they actually held their 24th annual muslim pride parade. All it took was a google search "muslim pride parade nyc" to get the link.

If you go to hoax-slayer.com/muslim-fridays-new-york.shtml you will find that indeed they do take over Madison Ave. in NYC for prayer. However, it is only during the Muslim Pride Parade which has been held annually since 1985.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but you may want to check your facts before you spout off. If you go to muslimdayparade.com you will see that they in fact do have an annual muslim pride parade in NYC. If you click on the link in blue titled Council On American Islamic Relations, New York, you will see that in 2009 they actually held their 24th annual muslim pride parade. All it took was a google search "muslim pride parade nyc" to get the link.

If you go to hoax-slayer.com/muslim-fridays-new-york.shtml you will find that indeed they do take over Madison Ave. in NYC for prayer. However, it is only during the Muslim Pride Parade which has been held annually since 1985.

You don't sound like a dick. I lived in Manhatten for 4 years right across the street from the largest mosque in NYC. I lived on 95th and 3rd and never saw this muslim pride parade. I can tell you that i did not experience any delays due to the muslim pride parade but did see many delays due to the puerto rican day parade. I am stunned that the muslims pride parade has even existed as I never saw anything about it during the time I lived in NYC.

Muslims continually block streets in NYC for their morning prayer.

Evidently I was wrong about the existence of a muslim pride parade. I live in NYC for 4 years (95th and 3rd) and never saw a muslim pride parade even though I lived directly across the street from the largest mosque in NYC. That said, Ohiomike mentions muslims continually blocking a street for prayer. I say that this is inflammatory and offensive and WRONG. It appears as though muslims did block the street for prayer but only during a once a year parade. In my mind that does not constitute 'continual' blocking of the street. I think that ohiomike has characterized a once a year activity as 'continual' and that the characterization is absolutely false. That was my original premise and though I was incorrect in my assertion about the muslim pride parade, I was ultlimately correct in that the average New Yorker does not recognize the muslim pride parade as an impediment to their daily lives.

In addition, the supposed 'continual' disruption of traffic due to muslims prayer appears to be a complete fabrication at this point.

Edited by mattm

I lived in NYC for 4 years ... I lived across the street from the largest mosque in NYC for awhile...

I lived in Manhatten for 4 years right across the street from the largest mosque in NYC. I lived on 95th and 3rd
I live in NYC for 4 years (95th and 3rd) and never saw a muslim pride parade even though I lived directly across the street from the largest mosque in NYC.

Have you ever lived in NYC before? Near a mosque? :rolleyes::p