Myth Busters said cars r better for the enviroment

Gump

People who say motorcycles are cheaper to operate than cars are usually ignoring the costs of tires and valve adjustments.

People who say motorcycles have less environmental impact than a car are usually ignoring the effects of a catalytic converter.

People who would rather be riding than driving a car anyway, no matter what, are usually ignoring what's "sensible" and are my kind of people. :)

So who cares about the environmental impact of their motorcycle?

I break even between tires and fuel economy(actually i come out a little ahead over my daily 00 caddy sts, and I ride a Honda, so no need to screw with the valves), but I save an assload on the shrink, and antidepressants I would need if not for the therapeutic effects of my motorcycle.

Edited by magley64

So who cares about the environmental impact of their motorcycle?

I break even between tires and fuel economy(actually i come out a little ahead over my daily 00 caddy sts, and I ride a Honda, so no need to screw with the valves), but I save an assload on the shrink, and antidepressants I would need if not for the therapeutic effects of my motorcycle.

Like the way you think!!!!

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah! Drive a car thru the woods I ride in and tell me which vehicle had the bigger impact. That car will impact trees, the ground, rocks.... :lol:

If it's taken to that level you might as well say quit having babies

They didn't say that cars are better. They just said that motorcycles are NOT better than cars. "At best, it's a wash."

All the emissions regulations on cars are going to start hitting bikes too, then bikes will be better again. Of course the emissions gear will make then heavier, slower and worse MPG than before - but they will sh*t grass and fluffy bunnies out the tailpipe.