Knife People..

shadyone

So I'm looking for a new pocket knife. I gave a Gerber para-frame folding knife. Not real happy with the straight blade would like to get a serrated one.

Looking at the Gerber 06 F.a.s.t. .... any opinions on nice bang for the buck knives. looking to spend about $50 ....

My main carry knife is a kershaw ken onion that I really like its small and light yet heavy duty. While at work I carry it an sog mulitool, kershaw ken onion vapor II, anda CRKT lake design thunderbolt 2. I really like kershae knives personally. I've owned smith and wesson, gerber, kershaw, and a few other makes of pocket knives and so far I like kershaw the best. Knives are like firearms everyone will have a different opinion.

I will have to check out the sog flash knife, the knife on my powerlock mulitool is wicked Sharp.

Edited by crb

I have a CRKT M16. Bought it in Iraq in 2005. I had a buddy sharpen it about a year and a half ago. I didn't realize he got it razor sharp and since I use my knives hard it chipped the blade up. I actually just ground it down and resharpened it last night. It's heavy, well made and takes the abuse I dish out. Not an auto but I keep it lubricated with graphite and it will flick open very smoothly every time. I love it.

Crkt-M16-3.jpg

That being said, I want this Benchmade auto:

9100sbk__26233_zoom.jpg

I have a Gerber Remix Fine Edge and I love it sharpen it everyday just cause I get bored and it stays sharp even without the sharpening (sharp enough to cut off part of my finger a while back nice and clean and then started to bleed like hell) just used it yesterday to cut up carpet at a friends house worked better than his razor knife. Also had a pocket clip that works great very strong.

Mine

http://www.gerbergear.com/Essentials/Knives/Remix-Knife_22-41968

Serrated version

http://www.gerbergear.com/Essentials/Knives/Remix-Knife_22-41969

you can find them at Wal-Mart, Dicks, Basspro, and cheapest Ive seen on Amazon

Knives are bad. Only police should carry them. Knives cause more cuts each year than any other sharp object on this Earth. I carry a scar on my pinky as a daily reminder of their inherent dangers.

Statistically, U.S. children are 87% more likely to cut themselves on a knife than on a hi-capacity handgun.

Edited by C-bus
  • Upvote 2

Knives are bad. Only police should carry them. Knives cause more cuts each year than any other sharp object on this Earth. I carry a scar on my pinky as a daily reminder of their inherent dangers.

Statistically, U.S. children are 87% more likely to cut themselves on a knife than on a hi-capacity handgun.

fearmonger

So I'm looking for a new pocket knife. I gave a Gerber para-frame folding knife. Not real happy with the straight blade would like to get a serrated one.

Looking at the Gerber 06 F.a.s.t. .... any opinions on nice bang for the buck knives. looking to spend about $50 ....

Yep. You'll love it. I picked up a 3.0 with a combo blade with what I believe are g10 grips. I use it at work and people swear it's an auto. Blades held up well with no mars. I think I paid $30ish for it at Woodburys in Coshocton.

So yeah, I'm a big fan of the Gerber F.A.S.T line.

Ive had a few S&W's and love em, I have the SWAT with the spring loaded assisted open right now which has been my favorite. It also has skate board grip tape on the sides which will give you a good grip but will also start ripping your pants if you clip it in your pocket like I do but the way I look at it, people pay good money for ripped and fraying jeans so its ok lol.

Its under $50 too S&W SWAT

3080_BIG__19385_zoom.JPG

Edited by JStump