Has anyone dyed fabric before?

chevysoldier

I have a tan backpack I want to dye black, for tactical reasons of course. I don't know what kind of fabric it is but it's made by Camelbak. Has anyone here done this before? How do I do it? Any specific brand of dye preferable? I don't want some cheap crap that will come out.

Yeah I know I could buy a black bag but I don't have the money to buy another one and then just have this as an extra. It looks like this:

camelbakbfm1.jpg

there should be some tags on the inside labeling what the fabric is. If not the first step would be to get in contact with the company who made it and find out. Fabric dying can be tricky if you want it done right

I looked it up on camelbak's site said it was made of Nylon which the die kits that I have access too will work with as long as nothing on the pack melts under 200 degrees I should be able to do it no problem

I'll have to double check on the bag to see if I can find a tag. 200 degrees? Do you bake it when you do it?? And how much do you want to dye it for me?

I'll have to double check on the bag to see if I can find a tag. 200 degrees? Do you bake it when you do it?? And how much do you want to dye it for me?

no the water gets up 195 degrees for more than 45 min wont stay that temp with our washers all the time but occasionally don't want to accidentally melt something. pay for shipping here and back no charge for the work :D

no the water gets up 195 degrees for more than 45 min wont stay that temp with our washers all the time but occasionally don't want to accidentally melt something. pay for shipping here and back no charge for the work :D

The only tag I see on this says "cordura".

Found this online:

500D Cordura fabric front panel, gussets and shoulder harness face side

420D High Density Nylon on shoulder harness back side, padded waist belt and back panel

10mm EVA foam shoulder harness and padded waist belt

210D Nylon lining

Nylon webbing and drag handle

I'll PM you for your addy.