2011 AMA Road Race Grand Championships...

Moto-Brian

Jake Lewis.

Remember that name.

He's going to be someone.

He's FOOOOKING FAAAAAST!

Kid is amazingly gifted and is as smooth as a seasoned veteran. It was an absolute pleasure to be on the same track with this kid.

Just sayin' - keep the name registered for future reference.

i was just alking to andy about this didnt he run like a 1:10 today..?

Yup :10.6. Next closest guy was a second slower and not even remotely close as consistent as Jake was.

His Horizon Award to give away. I think a clean sweep is coming.

Yup :10.6. Next closest guy was a second slower and not even remotely close as consistent as Jake was.

His Horizon Award to give away. I think a clean sweep is coming.

Ricky ended up getting a 1:09.9, Jake had some 10 flats before the crash. That was a really awesome race to watch up to that point. Really too bad because it would have been fun to watch them battle it out for the rest of their races. Glad Jake's ok though.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/road-racing/2011/10/09/valdez-shines-at-ama-road-race-grand-championships/

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/road-racing/2011/10/08/lewis-top-qualifier-at-ama-road-race-grand-championships/

Road with him last year at Barber and he was smoking fast. I almost kicked him in the head when I stuck out my leg to signal I was pitting in at turn twelve. He came up on me close on the outside just as I stuck out my leg. I swear he ducked under my foot. Later that night we had dinner at the museum and he was at our table. He was very cool to talk to.