Remington R1 thoughts?

Ault

Ok so I am in the market for a new peice. I am somewhat of a 1911 junky and for some reason can not get away from them. I have owned kimbers only but want an american made working mans 1911 as close to original browning design as possible. it seem remington fits this bill besides the series 80 firing pin but this does not bother me as much as others. wanting advice and thoughts on this peice so let me know what you think.

Ruger SR1911.

Made in Amerika.

No firing pin block - "Series 70 compatible"

change out the 18.5 lb recoil spring for a 16 lb'er (help cycling < 200 gr loads), drop in a Colt mainspring (hammer spring), a little relief on the center tine of the 3 finger spring (git yer trigger pull to about 3.5 lb.), and you'll be all set.

My $0.022 worth.

The Ruger comes fully done. They dont make a GI model.

Get the Remington or Look at the Springfield. Both are good. Springfield might be a bit better. Get the Remington and change the firing pin out with a Les Baer titanium, then you have the best of both worlds.

no springers...i've shot them and they are nice but i do not want to own a 1911 made in brazil. that being said i am also looking at the colt series 70 $900 vs the r1 $650.

no springers...i've shot them and they are nice but i do not want to own a 1911 made in brazil. that being said i am also looking at the colt series 70 $900 vs the r1 $650.
technically Brazil made is made in America, just SOUTH America! :)

I was wrong about MSRP, but I've seen them lower than the listed $1000. It was the May 2010 issue. Comparison between Springfield GI ($643), Hi Standard 1911A1 ($480), Colt Black Army 1918 ($1000) and Springfield Mil-spec ($753). Colt won the comparison with the Mil-spec a close second. Mil-spec shot 1.8 inch group at 25 yards (best). Colt shot a best group of 1.9 at 25 yards. 25 yards is a long way for 100 year old iron sight technology.

• Upvote 1

there is a springfield 1911A1 that made its way into the shop last night... Stainless... I can get the price if anyone is interested? It is the package. holster and mag carrier. 1 mag. In Springfield case.

There was also a damn good looking 38 carry gun with some flash on it (stainless red wood grips (I think it had some gold on it as well, with a inside the pant holster)...

(there was also a Taurus 357 mag Tracker edition that came in as well, with box even)... one other but I took it :D

Edited by Beegreenstrings