iOS5 - Who's updated?

Casper

I did the upgrade last night on the iPad. Like okay so far. Tabbed browsing in Safari is nice. But, like Hoblick, don't see much difference. Won't be an iCloud user for a while but it looks promising. Me wonders if that will have application with the upcoming iTV?

Edit: took three tries yesterday to get the upgrade to work. The day before, I managed to get iTunes updated but iOS5 bombed twice and had projected download times in excess of 20 hours.

Edited by DAC

hmmmm, 4g or 3g.....when I bought my latest phone I was told that for the most part 4g is only available here and there so most of the time you cannot even take advantage of it. 3g is everywhere.

Well if your on ATT, you will get a huge speed boost from HSPA+, which is basically what they have been calling "4G" but in reality it's just very fast 3G which is everywhere. If your on Verizon or sprint you are stuck with the slower 3G. Unless you live in a major city, you won't have 4G anyway, unless your on ATT like I just mentioned in which case you will get like 3.5G lol. So it is very tempting for me since I have ATT and really want Siri!

My update was a headache, but i've got things straightened out now. The new notifications stuff will be great, but I hate how some new apps, like newsstand, can't be put into a "folder" with other apps :( Screws up my app icon arrangement!

My update was a headache, but i've got things straightened out now. The new notifications stuff will be great, but I hate how some new apps, like newsstand, can't be put into a "folder" with other apps :( Screws up my app icon arrangement!

Make a folder first, then drop news stand in. That should work.

I hate how some new apps, like newsstand, can't be put into a "folder" with other apps :( Screws up my app icon arrangement!
Make a folder first, then drop news stand in. That should work.

News stand itself is a "special" folder hence why you can't put it in another folder.

here is the hack

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/13/how-to-put-newsstand-in-a-folder/