98 intruder 800 vs 09 ninja ex250r

snot

IP- no harm I respect your honesty. I knew what I was getting into when I posted the thread... also the parking lot was last season (at the end this season) has been all road riding...not like it matters

Ah shit......my memory sucks!!

Wonder why? vvv :D

If the MSF instructors were having their students place both feet on the ground' date=' then they did those students a great disservice. Both feet on the ground is fine, so long as you aren't at a traffic light, intersection, etc. They should have been instructing students to slow down as they come to a stop, using both brakes. Right before the bike is stopped, they should have shifted into first gear and then placed their shifter foot on the ground, while leaving their right foot on the rear brake.

This is how you avoid the loud "clunk" that occurs when you put your bike into gear at a stop. It also makes sure that your bike is ready to roll, just in case you need to make a quick take-off. (avoid an accident, etc)[/quote']

They were taught to use both brakes, but everytime I'd look over seemed everyone was putting both feet down at a stop after downshifting. :dunno:

I ALWAYS leave mine in gear at a stop - hate hearing that clunk from N to 1st, and you never know when you'll have to peel away from a possible asspacking coming in the mirrors!

id go 250 ninja. IP is completely right on the right foot on the brake, bike in gear, left foot on the ground.If i wanted to put both feet on the ground, I'd have to ride a lawnmower( a push mower at that). Those of you have ridden with me, have seen my short little 28 inch inseam manage my sprint st and now the fz1 just fine.

You check out a Buell Blast with the low seat option. That is probably the lowest seat you are going to find.

I'd heard these were sweet little rides too, wish I'd jumped on buying Josh's before he upgraded......may still look into these, just a good deal on a newer lil ninja is right here now. We'll see, its her decision ultimately so what she wants is what she gets - within reason, that is:D

I think I still have the "Low" seat for my old Blast... If you pick up a blast and need the lower seat, let me know... I rode it with the low for a while until I got a standard height, but when I put on the low to ride it out west for the guy that wanted to swap, I was amazed at what a difference it is. No, really... 2" can make a big difference ;) <commence jokes>

Didn't someone have some ysr 50s for sell might be ur size . :)

I need something that I can take on the highway... do not know much about ysr50 so I may need to look up stats on some of these

Edited by snot

You should sit on my xj600 and see if you like it. It's pretty low, very comfy for long rides, very predictable power curve and a steal at $1300.

Do you have any picks? I also will need to sell my current bike.