Alpinestars S-MX 1 Boots, comfort for the road

RidersDiscount

Be it weekends roaming the better roads or your slog to work in the morning, if you’re looking for riding boots that need to do a lot of things, check out the S-MX 1 from Alpinestars. Fabricated with a combination of lightweight microfibers and armored in the right places, you get comfort and protection without your feet screaming “look at me!” too loudly. And although they’re referred to as boots, they’re more like high-top shoes for the road. The aforementioned armor can be found in the form hard plastic protectors around the heels and foam-backed malleolus protectors on the lateral sides of the upper portions. Perforations exist on the sides and front of each boot, which, when combined with the 3D mesh inner liner, help your feet breathe. A racing-inspired outsole has its innards topped by an EVA foam footbed that’s profiled with a gentle arch in it so the foot stays planted. Plus, the inner line/footbed combination will quickly mold itself to your foot after a short time. The boots are, after all, comfort-made and purposefully protective.

Available in either black or white/black in US sizes 5 to 14, you can read more about the S-MX 1 boots on our website or, just call Mike at 866.931.6644 x 804 to order. If email is your preferred means of communication, just send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with ALPINESTARS S-MX1 BOOTS in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Two colors are available, but remember, because they’re brand new, supply may be a little short …

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes-1.jpg

… solid black …

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes_black-1.jpg

… and a white/black variant.

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes_black_white-1.jpg

A large thermoplastic polyurethane pad covers the top of the toes where a shift lever is most likely to make contact with the wearer’s foot.

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes_black_white-2.jpg

The heel of the foot, which almost always gets whacked against the ground in a crash, is surrounded by hard armor.

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes_black-3.jpg

No laces here. A zipper on the medial side of the boot opens it up wide and the hook-and-loop closure over the top of the foot allows you to get just the right squeeze from the boot, no matter how thick your socks are.

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes_black_white-4.jpg

Can you corner low? Alpinestars replaceable toe sliders have you covered! Get ‘em in black, white, blue, red or, for throwing sparks - magnesium.

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes_black-2.jpg

Grip, feel and longevity are always important factors in the construction of any Alpinestars footwear product. We’re confident S-MX 1 boots will last you a long, long time.

alpinestars_s-mx_1_shoes_black_white-6.jpg

As a general rule I like to leave sponsors threads alone because I appreciate their support by helping us to keep this web site going. I will and have chimed in when I have used a product and give my opinion of what I thought about it as a way to help others make up their own minds about a product based on others experience. Not everyone has the same needs or desires when it comes to protective gear nor should everyone. I certainly don't want to stand in the way of commerce but in an effort to give information that I find relevant to this item that just might happen.

While this product certainly is better than flip flops or athletic shoes it certainly isn't a replacement for a proper pair of protective boots. For the cost difference between the two I would err on the side of caution and go with the boots. I would suggest everyone who rides on the street to wear good boots and Alpinestars version of these shoes would make an excellent choice.

Kinda gruesome: http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/gallery/1270120645/gallery_1213_725_31014.jpg

This is a picture of an actual member of this site and example of why I think boots are a superior product.

Edited by Casper
gruesom pic, linked to it

As a general rule I like to leave sponsors threads alone because I appreciate their support by helping us to keep this web site going. I will and have chimed in when I have used a product and give my opinion of what I thought about it as a way to help others make up their own minds about a product based on others experience. Not everyone has the same needs or desires when it comes to protective gear nor should everyone. I certainly don't want to stand in the way of commerce but in an effort to give information that I find relevant to this item that just might happen.

While this product certainly is better than flip flops or athletic shoes it certainly isn't a replacement for a proper pair of protective boots. For the cost difference between the two I would err on the side of caution and go with the boots. I would suggest everyone who rides on the street to wear good boots and Alpinestars version of these shoes would make an excellent choice.

Kinda gruesome: http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/gallery/1270120645/gallery_1213_725_31014.jpg

This is a picture of an actual member of this site and example of why I think boots are a superior product.

Damn, get well soon BT. ;)

Edited by Casper
gruesome pic, linked to it

I appreciate what you are saying and agree everyone should wear a full boot. However, not everyone wants to wear tall boots all of the time. This boot is certainly better than a tennis shoe, flip flops or other non-supportive shoe/hightops. If interested in many of the other race boots we have done reviews on there are links below.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=78967&highlight=boots

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=83669&highlight=boots