Internet TV?

20thGix

Who is the best provider over the internet? I would like to tell Time Warner to piss off and i cancelled Netfilx when they jacked their price. I looked into Hulu Plus @ 7.99 a month. I searched there website and it seems that they have all the main shows that i care about. I would assume there is a downside but i dont think there is enough of one to offset the savings from not having cable thru Time Warner.

So does anyone have it? Whats your take on it?

dude, none of it is up to par with cable or sat yet. it's all reruns of the most popular shows.

for example if you like watching the big bang theory or Glee...you'll love it.

or if you stick to the free stuff get ready to watch all your favorite c and b movies and the occasional flop A movie.

don't expect much. and you will not be saving any money over cable. all of the good shit is monthly subscriptions.

I know, I have a roku player. http://www.roku.com/

if you have vista or windows 7 open up media center and have a peek at what Im talking about...it's basically all the same shit.

oh and the programming...99.99% is not in HD. just standard 480i. and no local channels. (so you can watch the weather)

Edited by serpentracer

you're not getting 1/4 of the programming or picture quality either.

and if you were willing to pay $110 a month for cable you just had have digital so you could watch all the channels in HD. or you liked all the other programming.

don't try to sit there and say it's just as good or even close to it. I have basic cable and watch it 90% more. I don't see anything I watch normally available on interenet tv yet.

I searched thru there TV shows and and they seemed current to me or maybe I missed something. The movies did seem to be lacking but maybe I will have to dust off the old Family Video card. I would agree that it not up to par with cable but there definatly is a savings there. I think my cable, HD, sports pkg and DVR box is around $80 a month. Granted I would have to keep the road runner at 50ish a month. I don't have the bill infont of me so I don't know the exact amounts but my bill is $130 monthly.

don't you noobs know all the "new" shows are on their respective websites, outside of HBO and etc crap? you watch the same commercials. get an hdmi cable, a laptop/comp that isn't from 15 years ago, and watch all the "new" stuff in HD a couple days later than they air. it's free (other than the internet connection) bitches.

you guys are not watching anything I normally do then.

I guess you're all into shows like csi etc.

yeah you'll find plenty of those.

but you're not going to find anything like what's on discovery, history, or nat geo or your local news etc.

I'm not too big on tv anyway. and as for movies, you're still not going to find the selection you could when rental stores were around. even those stupid ass red box things have ziltch for a selection. and they're always out. besides, hulu, amazon and netflix are what $4 a movie? no different than the old brick and mortar stores.

and remember all those shows you are seeing listed....you have to pay for those. everything newish you're paying. even if it's hulu etc...you're paying.

in the long run you're going to be missing a lot of other stuff and end up not saving much if anything.

because what you end up doing is basically paying $8 a month for each channel you normally watch on cable. now you're back to what you were paying for cable. some I seen were even $13+ a month. unless you watch 4 or 5 cable channels only. (which I highly doubt) oh and now you've got all those places with your card on file charging it every month. don't forget about the security risk they're putting you at. you don't think places can't get hacked ask sony how that goes...

to me it's not worth it because of what I watch. it's not there basically. it's a cool and interesting concept but it's not all it's cracked up to be as of right now.

Edited by serpentracer