S&w m&p 15

614busa

I'd pull that pic down as that drum mag isn't legal in that gun without a tax stamp.

I do not believe that MT would use it in a firearm within the state of Ohio. Respect for the law runs deep in that one.

Pics? Either or. Man I must of missed that law. A drum mag is not allowed in a AR???

Any firearm capable of firing more than 31 rounds without reloading is a no no in ohio without a tax stamp (technically a MG tax stamp, but an sbr was a gray area that now has some case law supporting it).

There should be a Zombie Bill which overrules the tax stamp requirement for the over 30 rounds without reloading bull.

:D

While no one actually cares what you think, yes having the definition of a destructive device or machine gun be based upon magazine capacity is dumb.

Mags are not illegal. Its illegal to actually load them over 30.

Specs?

No, the mags aren't illegal. It's inserting the mag into a semi-auto gun that makes it an "automatic weapon" per ORC.

ORC 2923.11 "“Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges."

Insert 40rd AK mag into AK, its now been adapted to fire more than 31 rds regardless of how many you load. The law says adapted not capable.

Edited by walther_gsp