FS: Completed 6k headlight projector setup (06-07 R6)

natedogg624

2006-2007 R6 Projector Setup

Includes:

-- complete headlight assemby with projector retrofit installed

-- pre wired meaning all plug n play for you

-- 2 ballasts, custom made professional wire harness (not a hacked wire job full of splices and butt connectors - my bike was used as a template for Retrofit Source Inc.

Entire complete headlight assembly with all electrical connections and necessary parts - no bodywork

Spec of the build:

The exact kit installed in my bike

-- Morimoto 3Five 35w ballasts x2

-- Morimoto H7 6k bulb x2

-- LHD projector setup

-- Mini Gatling gun shrouds

-- Custom H7 plug n play relay harness

-- Approximately 4 months of use on the build, excellent condition.

Reason for selling: track only now, no more street riding

Why should you buy this over other kits?

It's a bi-xenon projector 6k kit which means there is a single filament bulb in each projector that uses an actuator to move an "eyelid" basically to control high or low beam. In short, this means you don't have to worry about burning out your ballast/bulb fast from too many bulb ignitions when switching to high or low beam at night. Switch from high to low as often or as fast as you want - can't do that with a normal HID in reflector housing.

Also the other big selling point for me was that with this kit, both lights stay on all the time. No dedicated high or low beam for each side, no more "you've got a light out bro" when you're riding around... Both will function as low beams or high however you want.

Another thing that is excellent about this is that it retains your normal start up procedure. Meaning, your lights won't fire until after your engine has started - same as what your bike does now (at least it should). This results in less draw on your battery and electrical circuits which is a common concern with the cheap kits.

The components of this kit are all quality. If you've ever looked at the HID/Projector kits you've probably heard of DDM tuning or Krypton bulbs or a cheap eBay knock off - but all of them aren't nearly as good as this. I had a buddy who had the krypton bulb projectors and this kit outshined his clear as day. DDM tuning doesn't really do projectors, just bulbs, and eBay is...eBay, hard to trust.

This is basically a drop in kit. All the hard work of retrofitting has been done, professionally. The ballasts and connections are all plug and play - just a little creativity in mounting the ballasts and routing two wires back to the battery and it's a snap. I've already done this if you need suggestions or help.

A bonus to consider is that when you install these, you'll have a spare set of lights for the in case, or you can sell them and make money back.

You will not believe how bright these lights are (they are properly focused and leveled - no blinding oncoming traffic with low beams on). It increased my night time confidence as I could see the road much clearer and I felt safer knowing that I was more visible at night as well.

Retail for this kit is $270 plus labor. Your price $235 shipped.

Pics:

247743_10100725246641835_12453392_64019765_102667_n.jpg

248236_10150207538896881_167001111880_7422295_1885617_n.jpg

Web Album - Constantly updated as I add more pics

Not that this needs a bump, but I fully endorse headlight upgrades.

I stopped riding at night a couple of years before selling my street bike. I had one close call, and never felt comfortable again. Better headlights would only have helped.

When it comes to accident prevention, this is probably one of the best upgrades money can buy.

first q while i consider my upcoming project. the kit has two lights. my bike has 4. 2 low beams on the left, 2 high beams on the right. i know i could just put the bi-xenons in one position, say the inside, and the halogens on the outside, but wiring them to be on at the same time would be tricky... considering just leaving 2 unplugged, and using only the bi-xenons. they'll be plenty of light for sure. it'd just be tacky.

maybe i'll take the other projectors out. haven't actually had the lights off yet, so idk if i could do so without a lot of jerry rigging. but nothing can be as jerry rigged as the bi-xenons i had on the 650.