Buck Down!!

flounder

dont need one... you can do it in the oven.

...I've got to do it or I will let my fellow brethern down.

You want to ditch that "M" style waffle iron bow and get something that will get there quick enough he wont turn on you. :lol:

My buddy was wondering if you had to put a stamp on that arrow for 36 yds.

J/K

you damn Hoyt guys.. :) Last time I crono'd I think I was getting 277fps with 420grain arrow. My weight may be a bit off.

36-37yrds was a bit longer of a shot then I was expecting so I was happy I didnt wound/miss him. I do practice at that distance but I still shot a bit high due to dropping my forward arm while shooting from the stand. I typically climb to 25-30ft so Im up there. :) . I think I will practice shooting some from my garage roof so I get used to tilting at the hips instead of dropping my arm. Either way, he made the trip to the freezer so Im happy. He was a long bugger also so I got some really nice backstraps out of him.

Yeah a lot of people never realize that you need to bend at the hips and not at the shoulder/arm. Sooooo many shots get hosed up that way even on the tournament curcuit.

I would take a liver shot over a single lung anyday of the week. about neck and neck on a double lung shot. Give or take to me.

I can get you the info for the jerky in your oven if you want. If you watch football or play Xbox, that would help. Because it takes a while.

I had a cheap dehydrator and it worked great on the first batch. Burned it up doing the second batch. My dad soldered a new fuse in it and I have not used it since.

Prep! Need a RAZOR sharp knife. (I usually use a fillet knife. My fiances mom and dad has a slicer) SLice up your roast or fatty steaks. Super thin is the best, idea of the razor for a knife. Put in a colander and rinse well. While it is draining. You can create your own seasoning mixture and marinate. I usually use water, Tabasco, liquid smoke or liquid hickory. touch of cinnamon. sugar. shot of Jack Daniels or southern comfort. Soak meat for 3-4 hours. pull strips out of mixture and lay on a wire rack (wire rack on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Place in oven for 3-4 hours at lowest tempature setting (usually 125-150 depending upon oven make). Check and turn if needed. Put back in oven for a additional 2 hours or as desired.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

The fist year I started making my famous jerky was in the oven. It wasn't until last year I made it in a dehydrator. Save yourself the peeping and have it ground into hamburg add a little pork fat to it and buy a jerky cannon. Makes it sooooooo easy.

The fist year I started making my famous jerky was in the oven. It wasn't until last year I made it in a dehydrator. Save yourself the peeping and have it ground into hamburg add a little pork fat to it and buy a jerky cannon. Makes it sooooooo easy.

I have a grinder and do my own grinding anyway. I would think ground meat and the jerky cannon would make for a more enjoyable jerky anyway. Allot of times when its not ground, it can be WAY too chewy. I could probably do this now with my grinder and sausage stuffer and a modified nozzle.