WTB: Cargo Van - Diesel...

Moto-Brian

Ok, so thinking of a cargo van with a diesel motor. I prefer a 7.3 Ford, but willing to talk gas motors as well as Chevy...

I would like to consider trading for my dually. Cash, plus cash, you give me cash plus, etc...

3 colors only - Black, White or Silver/Grey.

XL length preferred, but will look at a standard.

No windows in back sides. OK at the side door if need be, but that's the most. Windows in the back doors is OK also...

Anyone?

I drove past the mixing center at Walbridge Yard today - it was full of Chevy full size vans. All white, but all with windows. Brand spanking new thought! Thought of you... have you checked any government auctions? A lot of government agencies used full size panel vans... I doubt you'd find diesel, but you may get a good price.

I drove past the mixing center at Walbridge Yard today - it was full of Chevy full size vans. All white, but all with windows. Brand spanking new thought! Thought of you... have you checked any government auctions? A lot of government agencies used full size panel vans... I doubt you'd find diesel, but you may get a good price.

What's a legit site to check for something like that?

I was kinda hoping for someone with a used one that may be interested in a trade for my dually to prevent me from having to buy and then sell or vice versa...

Brian another couple; skipco.com(I've personally bought through them and my friends have a dealership and use them a lot); ; http://www.cfaa.com/

The second one is locally by me down here, I haven't been there but my friend from Lima deals with then extensively.

PS going to get tire prices in a few hours, sorry too me a bit to get home.

the newer dodge/Mercedes sprinter vans are the shit, buy one of those! Awesome turning radius, tons of room, MB Diesel which has an ass load of power! they can be had fairly cheap if you are patient.

+1 well not sure on price but on the rest. I used my former companies sprinter can when I moved into my house. The room in those things is quite surprising. One big plus is that they are tall enough to walk in.

the newer dodge/Mercedes sprinter vans are the shit, buy one of those! Awesome turning radius, tons of room, MB Diesel which has an ass load of power! they can be had fairly cheap if you are patient.

Too big and bulky... Also, they have turbo related issues... Lots of money once they close to 100k...

• 2 weeks later...
Still need a van? I have an extended Ford E250 with the triton 5.4 its white with the extended cargo area and set up to haul bikes, I have a back bench seat in it that folds to a bed also.

I am still looking. Not hard, but still looking. Shoot me a PM as to year, miles, etc. and some pics. I'll post some of my truck also.

OK, some pics of the dually I'd like to trade for. I was going to sell this to a good friend for $10k and would use that as the measuring stick for a trade. $10k is a really great deal on this rig...

The stats on the truck are as follows:

-1999.5 Powerstroke 7.3 - Yes, a HUGE difference in trucks between 99 and 99.5. Rotors, airbox, etc...

-Dually 4x4 Crew Cab with 8' bed.

-Custom graphics PAINTED on. Not a single decal used. Painted by TOAD Designs who paint custom cigarette style boats. Actually paints for Cigarette specifically...

-Larger/high performance turbo housing

-High performance turbo impeller.

-Silicone hoses on intercooler lines.

-Crankcase breather mod. Makes the truck smell a bit, but is better overall for the truck.

-5" turbo back exhaust.

-Automatic (Larger towing limits due to torque converter)

-KMC Rockstar wheels.

-A-Pillar gauges.

-Husky molded mudflaps.

-172k miles. That breaks down to under 14k a year.

Truck does not have a 5th wheel so, you know it hasn't been tortured. I have only pulled a 20' enclosed race trailer as the heaviest pulling it has done. Currently, have a 17' trailer we run that gets pulled.

Needs tires, but that's it. There's the typical rust that these Powerstrokes get - inside under the front doors. This is not near as bad as most I have seen. The tailgate inside lower area. Typical amounts. Looks like shit when you drop the tailgate, but isn't anything out of the ordinary...

Does have some wear where I had a fiberglass cover. Wrapped around the top rails and the top of the tailgate. Rubbed the tailgate... Not bad and has been off for over 5 years...

I also have a set of front springs to bolt on and level the front. Never got to it, but they are new and will go with the truck.

Quick pics:

f350front.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

f350rear.jpg

graphicsg.jpg

wheelsz.jpg

milesd.jpg