Street racing kills 8

flounder

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/8-killed-in-drag-race-on-suburban-road/20080216110009990001

ACCOKEEK, Md. (Feb. 16) - A car plowed into a group of street-racing fans obscured by a cloud of tire smoke on a highway Saturday, killing eight people and scattering bodies in the early morning darkness.

See page for pics..

RIP...

:lol: :lol: Some how I don't feel so bad for them... Call it Darwinism, if your stupid enough to stand in the middle of a freeway, fate has an odd way of sending cars screaming down said freeways at speeds of 65+ mph. Some say Tragedy, I say SCORE!

I do however, feel horrible for the innocent people in the oncoming car who died and had nothing to do with the racing, other than using the freeway for its intended purpose.

I wonder if the crown vic had it's headlights off or not.

If so then why??? and it probably would never had happened

But still they should not have been there and I do still feel bad for the drivers who have to live with this even though it wasn't their fault.

think about this...

1) People are standing in the middle of freeway

2) They are standing behind a cloud of smoke from a burnout by the racers

3) They are facing the opposite way, with their backs towards oncoming traffic

4) THEIR STILL STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING FREEWAY!!!

Regardless if the cars lights were on, off, blinking, or it was on fire. They were standing in the middle of a freeway, now their surprised that they got hit by a car. :wtf:

Their making up BS to cover their asses, that car could have been covered in yellow strobes and they wouldn't have seen it.

Now your trying to tell me there is a car hurling down a dark desolate freeway at 345 in the morning with no headlights on?

Whats more believeable, car hurling down road at 55+ mph with no headlights.

OR

Idiots standing in road behind smoke, facing away from oncoming traffic didn't notice quiet, smooth riding granny-mobile coming at them?

I suppose the tractor trailer that was involved also didn't have it's headlights on either?

think about this...

1) People are standing in the middle of freeway

2) They are standing behind a cloud of smoke from a burnout by the racers

3) They are facing the opposite way, with their backs towards oncoming traffic

4) THEIR STILL STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING FREEWAY!!!

Regardless if the cars lights were on, off, blinking, or it was on fire. They were standing in the middle of a freeway, now their surprised that they got hit by a car. :wtf:

Their making up BS to cover their asses, that car could have been covered in yellow strobes and they wouldn't have seen it.

Now your trying to tell me there is a car hurling down a dark desolate freeway at 345 in the morning with no headlights on?

Whats more believeable, car hurling down road at 55+ mph with no headlights.

OR

Idiots standing in road behind smoke, facing away from oncoming traffic didn't notice quiet, smooth riding granny-mobile coming at them?

I suppose the tractor trailer that was involved also didn't have it's headlights on either?

No disagreement here...With it that early not sure if the the driver in teh crown vic would have been able to see them in time even with headlights to stop.

No disagreement here...With it that early not sure if the the driver in teh crown vic would have been able to see them in time even with headlights to stop.

Seriously, especially with that cloud of smoke, and at almost 4 in the morning, guy probably thought it was fog

Of course it's titled as street racing to all the normal people..which just gives more bad rep. to racing. It sad to see so many die tho, but its a risk they were willing to take on a open highway. RIP

Do you think the bystanders actually thought they were taking a risk... Im guessing NO..

I'm sure they thought they were safe just standing there.

Flounder I missed your original response, was it Good?

Nothing crazy... I just said.. "Do you think they would have been standing in the road at 245am if they were not watching the race.. The title of the thread is accurate.. "

Then I saw the JK after it posted so I edited mine to correct for my blindness..