Barber 10-29/30

OSUYZFR1

I had a really good time when I ran Barber on Oct 10 after the vintage race weekend. I didn't start crossing the curbing on the left chicane around turn 7 until the third session and was amazed at how much easier it made them. I am hoping to go down and run there again next year after the vintage races. It is a great track.

Ran barber a few years ago.. Man was It awesome. but the curbing going into 7 sucks. i just went around it after feeling like I was going to get bucked off, then waiting on the bike to settle before initiating turn in. No thanks.

The curbing is not all that bad these days. My Sportclassic has a less than modern suspension and I didn't feel it unsettle the bike any more than a regular bump in the road. The trick is to get your butt out of the seat by just a little bit and the bike just glides right over the top of the curb, it almost feels like you are going to motocross it. I was doing my weight shift while I was over the apex of the curbing so when I came back down into the saddle I was already off center and ready to dive into the long right-hander that follows.

I hear ya on the crashes. There were a bunch of crashes on saturday, seemed like every session in all groups had people going down. Even had a coach go down first lap first session in turn 5. Apparently he wasn't listening in the riders meeting about taking is slow for a couple sessions. :)

I went 2 months ago and had my first on track crash... 2 turd burglers crashed in front of me and I had no where to go. When I was there there were 24 crashes throughout the day... Great track though, just over booked all the time!