A 1st, under estimated funds... Ordered new toy :D

Beegreenstrings

After reaccesing the funds last night I realized I really did not need to sell Bowdog the O/U. But its a done deal. No biggie I have been wanting my other toy for a while but have had tunnel vision on the Browning/Beretta/Ceasar O/U thing for so long. I kind of put it to the way side.

So yesterday afternoon my buddy ordered my new upper. Going to have to invest in a can of Wood burning stove paint. The stainless is not going to work.

Now I just need to come up with some optics... "FLOUNDER"

I need to know what you think of the 1x4-24 PST's

Nice.. the 223 Wylde shoots well. Two people on here have the same chambering in a 24" barrel and no real issues out to 800yards :)

I havent played with the 1-4pst's although I kinda want one. what a surprise right :)

Well yeah. I have been looking at them for a while. But when you get to go to the ATA shows and not the shot shows. You dont really get to see them first hand.

I have the same chamber in a 24" RRA. Be the one in my Photos on my profile w/6x24-44 on it. I like it, it goes to work really well. :D

I have needed a new carbine for about 6 months. The lower has been done awaiting to be mated with something. Just got to come up with optics.

Hey by the way. What do you think of the Magpul Buis sites? Polymer/plastic whatever you want to call them. I think I would rather have something made out of metal. I mean they are a back-up. Do or die thing. I would hate to go to pop them up and have one break as well.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

The magpul ones are fine from what I read. I think they should have called them bups (back up polymer sights) but that is just me :)

I'm debating another carbine build over winter but this time keep it short and cheap. Nothing as crazy as the last lol. Just something to use as a short range maybe 3gun type of carbine

Edited by kawi kid

I am going to buy a Remington VersaMax tonight, for the right price i may be willing to sell the O/U back! :D

Looks like a great set up so far, would be interested to see how the paint holds on the barrel though.

:D

Looks like a great set up so far, would be interested to see how the paint holds on the barrel though.

It wont. That is exactly why I dont want to do it. It will flake off over time and look like shit. I have to repaint the indoor woodburner every year, if that tells you anything.

Check into Duracoat.com, you may already have but they claim that there stuff will hold up. I have a buddy that used it on his AR and has not had a problem yet, but i dont know if he is throwing as many rounds down range per season as you are either.

No i was actually on the way to the range last night but stopped at Gander to talk to them about one of my Primo's cameras that stopped working and too pick some shells up for the O/U you sold me, by the time i was finished fighting with them it was damn near dark. Got loaded up for nothing and had my final bad experiance with Gander. I will not be going back there, i dont care if i have to wait on shipping.

Hey by the way. What do you think of the Magpul Buis sites? Polymer/plastic whatever you want to call them. I think I would rather have something made out of metal. I mean they are a back-up. Do or die thing. I would hate to go to pop them up and have one break as well.

They are a pretty sturdy. I might not go into combat with em on the gun, but for range use/3gun type stuff they are fine.

Is that Walthers or yours Kawi? Sounds like Walthers. and if so what did you end up building? Did you ever post that thing up. I never did see the finished product.

Ours are almost identical. I have a magpul PRS stock and a PST on mine vs his standard A2 and Crossfire.