red light camera???

EagleCock

so I think I got busted this morning for running a red light. does any (in Cols) know if there's a red light camera downtown at the corner of nationwide and 4th? I was heading through the intersection and I guess the light went red because I noticed several flashes in my rearview - my first thought was 5-0, but they weren't red and blue. :(

2.jpg

1.jpg

Yep,,, Here is the list, last I knew

• Cleveland Avenue and Spring Street

• 4th Street and 5th Ave

• 3rd St and Fulton St

• Broad St and 3rd Street

• Summit St and Chittenden Ave

• 4th St and Mt Vernon

• Broad St and Grant Ave

• Gettysburg Road and Henderson Road

• Fairwood Ave and Livingston Avenue

• 4th Street and Town Street

• Cleveland Ave and Naughten St

• Central Ave and Sullivant Ave

• Broad St and Sylvan Ave

• Hudson St and I-71 N

• Broad St and 4th St

• Hamilton Rd and I-70 W

• Main and 3rd St

• 4th and Nationwide

I thought they were all still giving warnings though.

no warnings, $95 ticket. I got one on cleveland and spring.

They actually do give warnings, however it is only for the first thirty days that the red light camera is first installed.

Whodey:

Yeah, there is a camera there. Was there any cars behind you that went through? I went through on a yellow last November at the camera one block south of that one. It was at night and that whole intersection light up. I was nervous for a month and a half. I'm pretty sure that it was the car behind me that triggered it because the light was yellow for me and I never received a ticket. The citation takes a while to come in the mail and it does not count on your insurance. Still sucks to pay the 95 bucks though.

Ouch. Make them prove YOU were driving! :D

That does nothing for them, which is the part that sucks. You can "nominate" someone else and they will mail them the ticket.

The citation comes with a number on it and you can go to a website and see a video of the infraction.

I hope you don't get one Whodey, paying 95 bucks for that sucks.

fuck me! I knew there was profiling in Columbus - giving me a $95 ticket just for having bengals license plates!

and no, there was no one behind me...

the shitty thing is I just renewed my plates last week too - that was $95 :(

Damn, thats worse then having drunk sex with an ugly chick!

If they send you a copy of the picture of you running the light....you should lay out 95 dollars, take a picture of it and then send them that....

But serously

Stop running red lights.....and you would get a pretty photo that cost you 95 dollars...

Prices like that...seems like you took a picture with a stripper...."They just robbed you"

i saw a thing similar to that for hot rods, which was what gave me the idea.

the only thing is, the camera is about ohh 40 feet back from the actual stop bar, so you have to be commited to running the red light.

you gotta push the button before you get to the camera. otherwise, im sure they will not be too happy when they watch the videos for the day, then see you go through, then your plate disappears.

when you get the ticket, its a picture of the back of your car, and then a close up of your plate.

i wanted to try that spray that supposedly reflects the flash back so much that its overexposed... ive seen sites online that say it works, and sites that say its a scam...

If they send you a copy of the picture of you running the light....you should lay out 95 dollars, take a picture of it and then send them that....

That's been done years ago. It was on the news. They sent the guy a picture of handcuffs after he did that. The story was funny as hell. :lol:

i wanted to try that spray that supposedly reflects the flash back so much that its overexposed... ive seen sites online that say it works, and sites that say its a scam...

I have heard either a plastic cover, or a few coats of rustoleum clear coat on your plate will reflect bad enough to make the picture worthless. (even if only a half of 1 number doesnt come out they can not send the ticket.)

Hell go overkill get a plastic cover then put some clear coat on it :D