Help! My TV is all wack!!

magifesq

Here's a link to a vid of what its doing, anyone know how to fix? Barely paying bills so I can't just chuck it and replace

copy and paste onto web bar:

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/magifesq/?action=view&current=VID_0532.mp4

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid636.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu90%2Fmagifesq%2FVID_0532.mp4">

I know your in a money crunch but if all else fails I've got a akai(basicly a samsung)55" HD rear projection id be willing to sell..id like to get $225 for it..it works perfect...im just north of vernon

Edited by 2talltim

I know your in a money crunch but if all else fails I've got a akai(basicly a samsung)55" HD rear projection id be willing to sell..id like to get $225 for it..it works perfect...im just north of vernon

Having spent some time in electronics repair, I can almost guarantee you this will be cheaper than fixing the other one. Plus, bigger TV! Win-win. :D

Having spent some time in electronics repair, I can almost guarantee you this will be cheaper than fixing the other one. Plus, bigger TV! Win-win. :D

And if that's too rich for ya I also have a 27" rca home theater edition (tube TV)I only want $50 for..its a heavy SOB

Edited by 2talltim

Just to clarify, I have hooked said cable(s) to other devices and they work fine, so looks like consensus is bad tuner. Lemme price check then I'll let you know on the 55" projector.

can you hook the tv to a vcr or cable box and use it as a tuner? or are you saying its fuzzy even with DVD and Games?

im not sure what my tv is valued at but ill keep it for any less than that it sits in the basment and the kids occationally have sleep overs and watch movies on it just thought id offer it to somone in a pinch...but let me know

Edited by 2talltim

Did some research apparently the capacitors in the 'hypermodule' need replaced, I bought a repair kit with step by step instructions on how to remove, repair, reinstall $43, $54 with new soldering iron, will let you know if I get a fail on the repair

Be very careful messing with TV capacitors. They can kill you in a heartbeat!!. There were many a TV repair man that got killed working on the old Tube TV's because of this. Granted the new ones typically are not as large but they can hurt you none the less.

Be very careful messing with TV capacitors. They can kill you in a heartbeat!!. There were many a TV repair man that got killed working on the old Tube TV's because of this. Granted the new ones typically are not as large but they can hurt you none the less.

This. Be very careful. If in doubt, short them out with a plastic handled tool - or if you have one, the tool specifically designed to discharge a capacitor. I had a roomate at OSU walking around with a limp arm for 5 hours fucking around with capicitors. Not cool.

Don't do it. Leave it to the pros. Just my opinion.

Could you post the link where you got your info.

When I used to work at a tv repair shop tossing capacitors at each other was a good time. The other was grabbing someone's arm as they walked passed. Then disconnecting the anode and putting 30Kv in their ass.