People wonder why they call us Brunstucky

Vulcan_Rider

My hometown in the news for what some call hate speech.

http://www.woio.com/story/16003788/offensive-controversial-church-sign-causes-chaos

Although I do understand why people are offended it still falls under freedom of speech and religion. I do not believe that this is hate speech because in that religion homosexuality is a sin. Hell if crazy fucks from westboro baptist church are protected by freedom of speech and religion then there is no chance this can fall under hate speech.

My personal opinion...its a dick move but it is a legal dick move that I will have to put up with.

The comments are interesting but like you said WBC can picket Funerals with signs that are way worse than this and not get sued due to Free speech not for lack of trying

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-03-30/justice/westboro.baptist.snyder_1_military-funerals-albert-snyder-westboro-baptist-church?_s=PM:CRIME

I grew up in Brunswick on Sleepy Hollow road, and now live live in Grove City also known as Grovetucky...lol

I don't have a problem at all with the sign, and I'm not a big believer in God. but don't have big problem with others opinions, or prayers, or Christmas displays. I'm never seen the "seperation of Church and State" in the constitution.

Live and let live.

Dont sweat it Bro. Most metro areas have a Tuckey.

In Columbus we have a suburb named Grove City that is generally referred to as Grovetuckey. Though honestly there are other areas of Cbus that have significantly more trailer parks and more white trash than the law allows.

Hell that's not that bad. Cone to a drip club down here and they used to take pics of your license platesz and post them on the internet

I was a member of a drip club once. Then I got some antibiotics.

LIAR!!!!!!

You grew up in Brunswick Hills not Brunswick

Did it become Brunswick Hills on the 42 end of it? lived there from 1965-1978. I went to Applewood elementary, Brunswick Middle school and would have went to Brunswick High school had I not have moved. Had a Brunswick address...

What are you the Mayor?

I saw that sign the other day driving home. Seemed kind of out of place. Isnt that the same church who tricked the farm owners into selling their land only to bulldoze it and create more worship space?

Im from Tucky.

:lol:

I figured I would take a guess since 90% of Sleepy Hollow is Brunswick Hills.

Still WRONG:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ppwl&cp=3&gs_id=a&xhr=t&q=brunswick+ohio&tok=FyOuO_l4bILFRQ389FnpjA&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1440&bih=717&wrapid=tljp132095174695804&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8830c0c7f187f093:0xb1ca052de3f12a66,Brunswick,+OH&gl=us&ei=xB-8TsWcBu-GsgKd_qjYDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=6&sqi=2&ved=0CE0Q8gEwBQ

Since county road 136 (Sleepy Hollow road) is approx. 5.6 miles in length and the Brunswick border is west of 103 (South Carpenter road) to SR 42 (Pearl road) equals more then 2/3rds the length of the road, and Brunswick Hills is only on the west end of 136.

The answer is not 90%, you can do the math...or ride it, I'm tired from the research.

I win, I win, and your a LIAR!!!!!:D I bet you don't live in Brunswick, probably a Hinkley Buzzard.

Bow to your betters!:bow:

Still WRONG:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ppwl&cp=3&gs_id=a&xhr=t&q=brunswick+ohio&tok=FyOuO_l4bILFRQ389FnpjA&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1440&bih=717&wrapid=tljp132095174695804&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8830c0c7f187f093:0xb1ca052de3f12a66,Brunswick,+OH&gl=us&ei=xB-8TsWcBu-GsgKd_qjYDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=6&sqi=2&ved=0CE0Q8gEwBQ

Since county road 136 (Sleepy Hollow road) is approx. 5.6 miles in length and the Brunswick border is west of 103 (South Carpenter road) to SR 42 (Pearl road) equals more then 2/3rds the length of the road, and Brunswick Hills is only on the west end of 136.

The answer is not 90%, you can do the math...or ride it, I'm tired from the research.

I win, I win, and your a LIAR!!!!!:D I bet you don't live in Brunswick, probably a Hinkley Buzzard.

Bow to your betters!:bow:

http://www.brunswick.oh.us/Miscellaneous/BrunswickStreetMap.pdf

Actually It is 5.9 miles long and the only section that is Brunswick is the north side of Sleepy Hollow from 42 to just past Plum Creek, therefore it is closer to 80% hills :D

I am not from Brunswick but I dwell in the hills. As a matter of fact the Brunswick Hills police station (Grafton and Sub-station) is in my back yard.

Yes it moved from 42 by Laurel a long time ago that is now the second fire station.

I still live here so I claim victory...wait a minute...I still live here...FUCK! that's a loss

Not knowing how old you are did you ever ride bikes/ dirt bikes at Devils Island (What us kids called it) it was a huge field behind what was Pondersa Steak house know a housing development, or in the rock qaurry?

I lived on Sleepy hollow right off Josephine, just east of 42.

Hey speaking of riding... any of you guys ever offroad ride around the industrial park by skatestation and also across the street? There used to be boatloads of trails back in there in the 80's. Feelin old... we rode Honda three wheelers back then.

people piss me off with their asinine misunderstandings of what freedom of speech is and isn't.

insulation from being offended is NOT a right. "hate speech?" Is that even a legally defined term? Or is this guy just trying to expand the definition of "hate crime" on the fly? (don't even get me started on "hate crimes.")

Not knowing how old you are did you ever ride bikes/ dirt bikes at Devils Island (What us kids called it) it was a huge field behind what was Pondersa Steak house know a housing development, or in the rock qaurry?

I lived on Sleepy hollow right off Josephine, just east of 42.

I'm a youngin there have been apartments behind where ponderosa was pretty much my whole life.

Hey speaking of riding... any of you guys ever offroad ride around the industrial park by skatestation and also across the street? There used to be boatloads of trails back in there in the 80's. Feelin old... we rode Honda three wheelers back then.

My brother did when he was younger but I never have

I didn't come here for the geography lesson. Is there going to be an old fashion e-battle or not? You gays are getting soft.

I hear enough about your shitty little town so you leave my shitty little town alone damn it. Show some respect to the city that hosts the DTC takeover every year! :D

people piss me off with their asinine misunderstandings of what freedom of speech is and isn't.

insulation from being offended is NOT a right. "hate speech?" Is that even a legally defined term? Or is this guy just trying to expand the definition of "hate crime" on the fly? (don't even get me started on "hate crimes.")

I tell people that a lot when they bitch about stuff like this. Nowhere in any law book ever written in the history of the United States does it say you have the right to not be offended. This is freedom of speech and religion plain and simple. This can be compared to the gay pride parade, it offends a lot of people and pisses them off but it is freedom of speech.