thinking of doing some side work for OR members

Gixxus Christ!

I have access to all kinds of neat stuff at work like a complete magna-flux / NDT center, media blaster, hot tank degreaser and paint booth. If anyone is doing a motor build this winter let me know, I can inspect your block and heads for stress fractures, blast, paint, etc for rock bottom prices.

I'm going to bring in the head and jugs from my 750 and hot tank and media blast them to get an idea of how much to charge based on how long it takes me. If anyone from work is reading this I do it on my break or aftter work so I'm not double-dipping.

Ok, did my head and valve cover tonight, if you just want it decreased I'm thinking around $10-20. Media blasting will be around the same depending on how nasty it is. I can also do a penetrant test to check for cracks for an additional $10. Pretty reasonable?

Here's a shitty pic of my head after degrease before media blast.

IMAG0280.jpg

Blasting your combustion chamber isn't gonna hurt anything as long as your valve seats and springs are good but its your call. I blasted every inch of my head and then ran it through the washer again to remove all the dust from blasting.