In Meyer We Trust

gixxer_joe08

If I was Luke I'd be pissed. Wait I sort of am Luke and I think he should have been given a real chance. I hope Meyer quits after a week of coaching to teach OSU what being a football pimp gets you. OH, and I hope the athletic director gets crabs. :lol:

I am not all that impressed that the best replacement for the second greatest coach OSU has had is going to be a guy with previous heart issues and quit on florida, not once but twice.

He is a good coach, no doubt. And I also heard he was going to be Stoop's defensive coach, supposedly a done deal via Stoops. Who really knows. Personally I think Fickell should be given a chance and he would probably do a great job with a new offensive coach. BMiller is going to be great given a chance to learn.

It makes me laugh how it appears OSU is groveling over UMeyers giving him all advantage in any bargaining for a job. Sooner or later we will hear what he is actually going to do Michigan got a great coach without dealing with the likes of big names like Meyer. So it can be done. Meyer makes me think of a coach who signed a big contract with, and promised himself to another school up north-Michigan State. Iirc, he left the next year for more money. When he left MSU, he really put the screws to them because he left them in a similar situation to OSU-needing to find a replacement at the last minute, ala Fickell.

Just be careful OSU, what you wish for.

This is Meyer's dream job. He is an Ohio boy that left a ESPN commentary job for this. Its not about the money for him. I believe he is doing just fine. He misses the game and has the opportunity to go to a school he loves. OSU does not go through coaches quickly so this may be his only chance.

1 in the last 8 years....hmmm, who has the over all winning pct??? Hmmmmm, and which school has the winningest record overall?

Bet its not Ohio State. They're just a bunch of wannabe's.

oh you mean the winning percentage when football was relevant (post wwii) yea OSU has that. go ahead and take your wins against harvard and princeton because they dont account for much. honestly i am happy that team up north won because it will be the only win brady joke will have againt the bucks... no more recruiting the state of ohio for hoke. im prediciting a #1 vs #2 at the big house in 2013. im just happy another team other than ohio state is trying to make the big ten relevant.

Michigan got a great coach without dealing with the likes of big names like Meyer.

I wouldn't call him a great coach just yet. He had a losing record as a coach until this year and still only sits at 52% win percentage. Very average if not below average.

UM on the other hand has won everywhere he's been. 82% win percentage for his career.

I wouldn't call him a great coach just yet

agreed, however I think he will do great things to bring Michigan back as he's already showing

I hate Michigan and love OSU, but even though it was nice to count on an easy OSU win the last few years it just hasn't been as much fun. I love seeing Michigan fail, but its so much sweeter when both OSU and UM are good/great football teams like the #1,#2 game. Hands down one of the greatest sporting events I've ever watched

gonna be interesting.... and to think I hate florida. I do feel bad for finkle but he just isnt ready for the job. he did do well for what he got shoved into........ cant wait till next year. Oh... and for you michigan fans I got two words for ya.... appalaichian state. :D

However, I hope that was a bowl of shit Denard was eating!

+1. All I could think about when hid did that is WTF. Goes down as one of the stupidest things I have ever seen a player do. Enjoy it now Denard, the NFL will be eating you up.

Does Brady Joke even coach. Everytime they show him during a game he is just standing there with his arms crossed with sun glasses on when its not even sunny outside.

we can talk record all we want but who has more players going to the pros, and national titles. Who did UM really play this year. Only 2 good ranked teams, lost to one of them and they rest of there schedule was spent playing every other school in the state of Michigan

Does Brady Joke even coach. Everytime they show him during a game he is just standing there with his arms crossed with sun glasses on when its not even sunny outside.

we can talk record all we want but who has more players going to the pros, and national titles. Who did UM really play this year. Only 2 good ranked teams, lost to one of them and they rest of there schedule was spent playing every other school in the state of Michigan

:lol: again I'm an OSU fan but like non-OSU fans, ignorant ones annoy the living shit out of me

You can make fun of him all you want but I bet he puts together a Lloyd Carr type career. Michigan actually has more National Titles (11) to OSU's (7). The players going to the pro's argument has always been lost on me because that doesn't exactly make 1 program better than the other since the argument here is college vs college. And I don't have the facts to back it up, however I bet when you compare schedule strength on OSU vs Michigan there is a strong chance they are VERY similar

The only thing worse than watching an OSU game is watching an OSU game when there are OSU fans in close proximity.

Man I want to shake your hand.

I can only imagine how much crap Im going to have to listen to about this now. It's funny really, but sad that the same time. In Michigan, you don't hear crap like this, you don't have to listen to it daily, because quite frankly, it means jack in the real world called life.

I will take our 1 win in 8 years and be happy, not talk trash, and just see what happens. I like our new coach, I like our playing style, and I can't wait to see what happens. I think the rivalry will be back and that's good because the big 10 sucks.

See, that's how fans are supposed to act.....

I can only imagine how much crap Im going to have to listen to about this now. It's funny really, but sad that the same time. In Michigan, you don't hear crap like this, you don't have to listen to it daily, because quite frankly, it means jack in the real world called life.

I will take our 1 win in 8 years and be happy, not talk trash, and just see what happens. I like our new coach, I like our playing style, and I can't wait to see what happens. I think the rivalry will be back and that's good because the big 10 sucks.

If you don't like OSU fans, why are you in a thread specifically about Urban Meyer joining OSU? :notquitesure:

Oh, and the media event will be live: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/allaccess/?media=285839

Well you are about the first michigan fan i have seen act like that in the last two days.

This response fits the sterotype of the nose in the air, we are better than everyone attitude that is linked not only with U of M fans but the entire University. They do nothing wrong and the rest of us are uncivilized knuckle draggers.

• Upvote 1